How many REAL Bicycle engine factories are there? Let's See

GoldenMotor.com

CARider

May 20, 2013
San Rafael, CA-Mesa, AZ
I'm confused on how many HT 2 stroke factories there are. It's really got me stumbled. I can't find anywhere with a solid number, and it leaves me very curious

From what I understand there is:

Woodpecker
CDH (connected with woodpecker???)
Flying Horse
Yuandong (Skyhawk)
Runwell
JiaLi

And Yuhuan Jinsheng Piston Pin Co., Ltd. ??? They have a massive page for the engines, and it seems like they may make them, but if they don't, where do the engines come from?
http://cncbikemotor.en.alibaba.com/company_profile.html#top-nav-bar

ZNC seems like a brandname of some sort, and woodpecker engines have "ZNC" on the crankshaft. Some sort of connection? The CDH engines look like the woodpecker ones, the paint is the same, wonder what the crankshaft says!

Flying Horse is "F80", the popular codename for these engines.

But Grube from china gas says this:
"Now only 5 players. YuanDong for China GAS, JiaLi, FeiMa, Runwell and Woodpecker"

Can anybody crack the case? I'm stuck!!
:-||

Thanks All,
-Zane Smith

CARider

May 20, 2013
San Rafael, CA-Mesa, AZ
I've seen that, but there aren't 50 factories, and there never have been. Lots of distributers though. I'm trying to find how many different factories, different molds, different hardware and different conponents there are.

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Good luck with this! Unless you have some way to research Chinese records or business permits or things like that I don't know how to find out.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Your guess is as good as anyone's as to how many actual factories make the engine components. The problem is how many little mom & pop companies 'assemble' the parts into an engine. We've all seen the videos of an assembly line. About ten people in a barn like area, dirt floors and poor lighting, bolting engines together, some hammering on them, and some 'testing' the assembled engines. We have never seen a clean, well lit, organized assembly line with happy, dedicated workers building the engines that you and I bolt onto our bikes. And probably never will.

The Chinese have a whole different concept of mass production than we have. That goes for bicycle engines, or sneakers. Quality has a different meaning as well.
Just try to imagine what your little China Girl would have cost you if it had been designed, made and assembled by American workers.

My advice? Don't worry about where it came from. Just install it correctly. Tune it right and enjoy it for as long as it lasts...just like those Walmart sneakers you bought last month.

Tom

CARider

May 20, 2013
San Rafael, CA-Mesa, AZ
There are 5. Comfirmed by a factory worker (can't mention the name or factory, sorry!) CDH and woodpecker are connected, CDH has no factory (Shhh :D), neither does the "wrist pin" factory.

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Things you probably shouldn't know where they come from.....

1) Hot dogs.

2) Bologna.

3) Jello.

4) China Girl engines.

As some say, "Ignorance is bliss."

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Things you probably shouldn't know where they come from.....

1) Hot dogs.

2) Bologna.

3) Jello.

4) China Girl engines.

As some say, "Ignorance is bliss."

Ignorance is no excuse!
#1. All the leftover lips and buttholes. Notice a butthole at each end, they fill the middle with lips.
#2 Same except they grind up all the buttholes.
#3. Hooves. Dead cow and horse hooves. They boil them and scrape off the gelatin.
#4. Recycled beer can pull tabs and bubble gum tinfoil. Alloyed with old tires and roadkill.