Brand new sky hawk gt2b Wont Start

GoldenMotor.com
May 28, 2014
Scottsdale, AZ
Hello I just received my new motor wednsday installed it and I've been peddling till near heart attack for last two nights, damn thing won't start. It has spark (tested) it has gas, wet on spark plug and in cylinder, and definitely has compression. This thing driving me nuts. setup is with nt speed carb was working perfect out of the box with last motor haven't touched, plug is NGK B...6 something, also tried the old shorty NGK from last engine that was working just for the sake of trying but they both have spark when pulled out and tested.

Anyone with any suggestions please help.:-||

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Check for spark by removing the plug, holding the base against the head and pedaling the bike to spin the engine. You should see a spark.
If not?
Replace the engine coil. (about $12-$15 bucks)

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
If you see spark, then that's not the issue....
Try drying it out and see if it starts or pops at all. Might be simply flooded. New engines can sometimes be quite hard to start at first.

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
I've seen many CDI units make a fat spark that is at the wrong time - might be a good idea to try a new one (even tho I once took two new ones out of the box and both were bad) - I've also seen the factory put the rotor on backwards which will also throw timing off.

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
you could also take off the air filter and be sure the slide is going all the way down

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
I think everyone serious about these should build a timing tester for CDI units - mine has spotted several bad ones.