no project work today.... rain rain rain.....!

GoldenMotor.com

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Well.... darn it......! Nothing but rain here today, so many things I had planned to do today but the Lord had other plans and we are getting much needed rain instead..... oh well always another day for my projects, hope everyone else is having a great day.

Ride safe everyone.

Map
.wee.

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
The storms are head'n my way with rain, hail, and tornados........was 84* yesterday and there'll be snow less than 50 miles from me in the morning. However, we'll have temps in the 30's with 50mph north winds tonight.

I think Mother Nature is bi-polar........wait a minute........ :D

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
My timing was perfect. I had my lawn aerated Friday then I got fertilizer down yesterday and this morning it started raining/snowing. It's been rain mixed with snow all day and the weather guy says we've had almost two inches of wet stuff fall. It was what I wanted to happen.
Been a nice quiet day, just my wife, the two dogs and me and we all stayed in and watched the grass grow. :)

Tom

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
The news down here are showing where y'all are supposed to get 8" to 12" of snow by tomorrow morning.....great for the fertilizer application!

We had a fairly intense hail storm just hit. And, they've changed the forecast to 24* Tuesday morning. Was 86* before all the shenanigans commenced today.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Well we had our rain today, the heaviest part went south east of me, and inspite of the rain I tore the old Red Bat BGF engine down, I did some port work, really hogged out the transfers and cleaned up the intake and exhaust port real nice, I also installed the Titanium wrist pin and Aluminum Bushing I got from Juicemotoparts.com , made a new base gasket and put it all back together and then road the bike for a 12.8 mile road trip, vibes were noticeably reduced but since the crank in this engine is so untrue I still only have a. Omfortable cruise speed of 30-31mph which is up from what was a 27-28mph comfortable cruise speed, thenport work I did made this little engine come alive in the low and midrange, it pulls way harder then before and maintains it speed up the area hills really nice now, im gonna put a better exhaust on this bike which will quieten it down and hopefully keep the power where and how it is up to the 30mph comfort zone, Im thinking I will go back to a 26"rear wheel and a 36T instead of the current 24" wheel with a 32T sprocket.

So qnyway rain and all I still managed to get some tinkering done and time will tell if the Titanium pin and Aluminum bushing will hold up, im not sure what grade of alumuinum they made that bushing out of but that thing is hard, a small fine file wouldn't hardly even scratch it, not real confident in it but so far not a click in the engine, so after some miles we'll see how it ends up....

The full stroy can be seen here: http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=54018&page=5

Map
.wee.

Last edited:

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
All this glamorous talk about working on a motorized bike. Only DIY'er thing I did today was replace a toilet. Wonder what the neighbors would think of a new-fangled double decker tomato planter in the yard???

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
All this glamorous talk about working on a motorized bike. Only DIY'er thing I did today was replace a toilet. Wonder what the neighbors would think of a new-fangled double decker tomato planter in the yard???
And, you could close the seat lid when the hail storms come to protect the tomatos.

Tom

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
And, you could close the seat lid when the hail storms come to protect the tomatos.

Tom
Being a bit of a Red Neck it wouldn't bother me a bit to have a couple-a toilet planters in the front yard, but no doubt my wife work short out on that one and maybe even blow a gasket.....

Map
laff

Moto pope

Mar 26, 2013
St. James, mo
Years ago, the wife and I were in a Penny's home decor section in Houston, Tx. They had a faux bathroom set up to show off their latest accessories. A little kid ran up and dropped his drawers and commenced to do a job in the toilet. Funny! I say all this while wondering what interesting circumstances might take place on the front lawn?

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
We have a big 'ol cast iron clawfoot tub in the yard...
Since mowing around the roses is not sufficiently life-threatening, she wants blackberries in the tub/planter.

CTripps

Aug 22, 2011
Vancouver, B.C.
We have a big 'ol cast iron clawfoot tub in the yard...
Since mowing around the roses is not sufficiently life-threatening, she wants blackberries in the tub/planter.
Be careful with that. We have blackberry brambles everywhere here.. They're an invasive pain and strangling out a lot of other stuff. There are entire lots of property lost to them. Planting them in a tub will not help, the birds will spread the seeds and they are really hard to get rid of. We fight several times a season with the ones that try to overgrow the yard here.