this is cool

GoldenMotor.com

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
American airlines came in tonight and we have a local guy who is a 5 time war vet just coming home from Iraq and stopping here to see his mom, lots of people to greet him, I asked the pilot to please get him off the plane ahead of everyone else for all those waiting to see him and out of respect, makes me feel pretty good

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
for those of you that do not know i am an air traffic controller, i may get in trouble for my actions however it was worth it. great way to end the night

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
If anyone from FAA gives you any problems, let us know. I'm sure the network news folks would like to hear about a government agency that doesn't want to show respect to a vet. My friend, Brian Williams would have a hay day with it. :)

Tom

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
i am not worried about it, the plane was late and his mom was their to see her son and a lot of people from the island to welcome and thank him, if i get in trouble it was worth it and i would do it again.

Kioshk

Oct 21, 2012
Connecticut
Excellent! I'd love to see someone TRY to get you in trouble for doing that. I took a flight to Australia from the US once, and when we were queuing up to exit the plane, I was at the front of the line from Steerage. When I was about to head out the door, a steward tried to stop me and said: "Sir, our First Class customers exit first.", I said "Nothing personal, but you're nuts if you think I'm going to let that happen after flying for 24-hours!" and gently pushed past him. I figured they could only have kicked me off the flight as punishment.