Holiday Libation Thread

GoldenMotor.com

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
This years haul;

From the office guys. I give them Turkish pistachios and they give me booze - :)

All very good. The Kraken is rich, smooth and flavorful, gotta get some hot buttered rum batter. JJ's apple pie moonshine rocks! Don't need nothin', not even ice. 70 proof, with apple juice and a cinnamon stick which is visable. Not going to add anything, just pour and drink at room temp. The single barrel rum will make some extra good rum & cokes.

Whacha drinkin'?

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
Ish wunful, ish ish, ish wunful, merrimerri Crashmus, Chrishmuns, Chrishie Chrishie Chrishie!

I got borrel. I got lossan loss borrels! Happy New Year!

I gorra borrel, you know, ish not working any more. Not not not worky at allll! Shempty! Shomebrry emptied MY borrel! MY borrel! I feel sho shad, gonna cry onche I've opened thish uzzer borrel. This borrel works! S'full!

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Bought a case for a little family get-together tomorrow!

That Redd's Apple Ale that they pitch on the teley tastes like swill compared to this!!

Attachments

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
On a serious note,

Description of Pinotage (South Africa) 2008

"Pinotage is a grape variety found in South Africa and anywhere else in the world. It is a dark, sultry and very concentrated wine that the smell and taste of liquorice and ripe cherries. Combine with red meat with a distinct flavor, wild game and stews."

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
B-52

3 parts Bailey's Irish Cream,
1 part Amaretto
1 part Kahlua.
Looks like chocolate milk, but, 'oh wow'

Tom

Have you ever tried Amaretto, orange juice, and vanilla ice cream? It's almost better than.......well, it's good!!!!

Nevada

Nov 29, 2013
Reno, Nevada
Jack Daniels Sinatra.jpg

Picked up this limited edition of Sinatra Select Jack Daniels a couple of weeks ago. Insanely smooth. When it's all sold it's gone. People are paying around $100 for the empty bottle and box.

lowracer

Oct 17, 2008
Charleston, SC
I'm visiting family for the holidays up in Maryland & been getting in some great road bike rides.
Dropped a shot of 86 proof Puerto Rican rum in my 'after lunch' coffee yesterday after returning from a 58 mile bicycle ride (pedal only) and caught a really nice buzz.
Then picked up some beer (Flying Dog Gonzo Imperial Porter 9.2%) for some after dinner family time.
-Good times-
Happy Holidays!
-Low-

Attachments

Last edited:

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
We had a Christmas gift exchange at the office and it was almost all booze. I gave a bottle of Seagram 7 and received a bottle a bottle of Malbec.
I love the sweet drinks during the holidays like B52s, Grasshoppers and White Russians. They really pack the pounds on me, too.

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
Eggnog with rum & brandy in it is delicious. Especially topped with fresh shaved whole nutmeg.

Another fav of mine are bloodys. I make them with V8 (celery is allready in there) tequila (instead of vodka) worchestershire, tabasco, white pepper and fresh ground black pepper. Excellent. With a celery stalk it's even red & green - :)

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
We had a Christmas gift exchange at the office and it was almost all booze. I gave a bottle of Seagram 7 and received a bottle a bottle of Malbec.
I love the sweet drinks during the holidays like B52s, Grasshoppers and White Russians. They really pack the pounds on me, too.

Helllooo, you sexy thing, how much for the Seagram?

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
Picked this up at the hardware store;

Mexican Coke. Costs twice as much as American Coke. Worth it too.

Made with sugar, not high fructose corn syrup. Tastes better, especially out of long necks. Only the best for the holidays - :)

cosmickid

Sep 11, 2011
planet earth
Mike, you're lucky you can still get the "real" thing out there... Here in Tx. they're now selling the Mexican High Fructose Corn Syrup blend. I sure miss the good stuff!

Making out my shopping list for the run to the grocer's to pick up stuff for tonight.. Egg Nogg ingredients, goodies & treats etc.

Merry Christmas To All!
Dave

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
I am currently engaged upon the safe disposal of a bottle of cider from Wells Next The Sea, a little Norfolk port and seaside town.

It's from the Whin Hill brewery, a special batch produced in aid of the Wells Community Hospital, this is Lot 1204. I was not expecting anything special, as they filter their cider, and I'm very much in favour of unfiltered, but this has a rich, smooth taste; it lacks a little in the continued expansion of subtexts (subtastes?) or overtones after being swallowed, unlike some others, but if anybody ever comes to Britain, and finds themselves near to Wells, please, make the effort, buy a bottle or two of their ciders and perries. They will be worth the experiment.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Rats!
Went to my wife's niece's new house for Christmas dinner. She served a red wine that was great! I asked what it was and she didn't know. She said, "We don't drink wine so I just bought a bottle of red wine." She had poured it into a decanter and put the bottle in the trash. I couldn't bring myself to go outside and dig through their trashcan so I'll probably never know what I was drinking. But it was good.

Tom

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
I have to confess that it would irritate the bejasus out of me if that happened. How can people go around with so little curiosity about the world?