Optimol power packs - synthetic oil

GoldenMotor.com

Jasanabia

Aug 7, 2011
Goleta California
So I was at a yard sale yesterday and paid $5 for a big box of these 2 stroke oil packages. They're called Optimol power packs, I have about 45 of them. The thing is, each package holds 8oz of oil, but it says to mix it with 6 gallons of gas. That's about 100:1 ratio! Has anyone used this before? The directions say its for use with all 2 cycle motors, outboard boats, lawn equipment, etc.
Can it be used with our Chinese engine kit motors?
Thanks for any response

BigBlue

Nov 29, 2011
California
I use Opti-2 by Interlube at a 100:1 ratio with my 48cc and have had no problems, as with other members on this forum. I've rode in 100+ degree weather with no problems. But I did not run the engine at 100% either.

It looks like you may have a box of an older stock or product from Interlube.

If you want to be sure what you have, contact Interlube and ask them what the difference is between Opti-2 and the Power Packs that you bought. Also ask if the product would experience any degradation if it is an older product.

Good Luck,

Chris
AKA: BigBlue

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
It says right on the package "OUTBOARD LUBE"
Most outboard oils are NOT recommended for land use since outboards run in different conditions.
I would only use it for yard motors and would mix it richer than recommended just to be safe.

BigBlue

Nov 29, 2011
California
The 2nd picture states, "ONE OIL, AND ONE RATIO FOR ALL 2 CYCLE ENGINES". Then in the bottom left corner of the 2nd picture, it states, "Use Opitimol in all brands of outboards, lawnmowers, motorcycles, chainsaws, and other 2 cycle equipment." Might be a product that was marketed for marinas or boat houses.

Even Opti-2 states, "String trimmers, blowers, chain saws, hedge trimmers,
pole saws, water pumps, RC units, motorized scooters
and skateboards, snow throwers, snowmobiles,
outboards, personal watercraft and motorcycles."

http://opti2-4.com/images/documents/Opti-2 Features & Benefits 2012.pdf

Just check with Interlube as I stated in my first post or just run it richer as maniac57 stated if you don't want the hassle of contact Interlube.

Chris
AKA: BigBlue

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
I don't trust advertising copy.
Better safe than seized.
Start rich and see how it goes if you really want to use it.
Heck, I've used dirty motor oil for pre-mix before. Just add more of it.