Looking For A Kit

GoldenMotor.com

jim71

Jun 13, 2013
pa
If all the motors come from the same place why do some people charge a lot more for there kit?
I hear about good cdi and bad cdi how do I know which is which?
I want to buy a kit and I would like to get one with the better levers better head bolts better carb ,better cdi I see some have the 4l gas tank that would be nice but I don't see it in the kits
and it seems like there is a lot of shipping issues,the person you order from holds it for 5 days before he ships ,hum ,and it seems like the other take even longer ,I don't get it buy it they ship it you get it lol ,
I see a lot of post on this issue are very old
if anyone has some good insight on this can you please pm me ,im not asking to bad mouth anyone I just want a decent kit ,I don't mind spending a little more if its a better kit I just don't want to spend more for the same kit ,
thanks in advance ,
I see pk 80 I see Skyhawk wana start out on the right foot

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
there seem to be many places in china to get very similar engines, so there will be some differences in what any seller has

same goes for all the other parts that go into a kit

just got a kit with both short clutch arm and short clutch lever which means it will be difficult for women to ride - it's easier for them if at least one of those is the longer model

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Best way to get exactly what you want is to buy a cheap kit and customize it to your needs. All the engines are pretty much the same. Advertising is all that differs from dealer to dealer.
Dax and Arrow are the only people I know of actually changing kit parts out for upgraded parts, and the prices reflect it.
Buy the $150 ebay kit and swap out the parts you don't like.

Sidewinder Jerry

Dec 19, 2011
Rockwood, TN
Look up and read your local laws on motorized bicycles/mopeds before you buy anything. Many states view motorized bicycles and mopeds to be the same thing.

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
The cost is a matter of service. The Ebay motor sellers probably will not provide much service if there is a problem with the kit (parts broken during shipping, etc). The on-line motor vendors, like our forum sponsors, will answer the phone when you need help with your kit.

jim71

Jun 13, 2013
pa
thanks guys!!!
its been driving me crazy for a week now , like I said I want to get something !
I think I like the 4stroke from what I see they have a little more pulling power?
gona open a new thread to see what people say about 2stroke vs 4stroke

Sidewinder Jerry

Dec 19, 2011
Rockwood, TN
I personally use Staton Inc. I've got 4500 miles on my 4 stroke kit and haven't had a problem so far. With these kits you get what you're willing to pay for. There's two building philosophies: 1) Spend the money on a quality kit from the start. 2) Buy a cheap kit then spend money upgrading it.

jim71

Jun 13, 2013
pa
thanx jerry !
and yeah your right pay now pay later ,
I would rather get something good start with for sure!