Why No Intake Vacuum Port

GoldenMotor.com

BigBlue

Nov 29, 2011
California
I am just curious why no one has installed a intake vacuum port. I know every engine is going to be different, but getting a baseline for your own engine would help diagnose problems and maybe usable to measure performance add-ons. To establish a baseline would require the engine to be well sealed.

Maybe I can answer my own question. Maybe it is that most engines don't last long enough that the owner just buys a new engine or perhaps, the owner loses interest in the engine/bike and parts with it prior to needing repairs.

For those that do keep their engines for a long time, maybe it might be useful to add a vacuum port.

Just a thought and be free to comment.

Chris
AKA: BigBlue

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Many venders sell a shorty intake manifold that has a vacuum port if you want one. I don't, but one of my bikes has one anyway. All my Flying Horse motors last for years, but some other brands don't. All china girls aren't the same even though people think they are.

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Many venders sell a shorty intake manifold that has a vacuum port if you want one.
Correct, the intake has a port for a 'boost bottle' which is precisely why a vacuum gauge would not be helpful, there are no valves in these 2-stroke motors so you get intake back blow on every stroke, your vacuum gauge would just jump around on every stroke.

A boost bottle is supposed to catch that back blow and sent it back out but I have found them to be a waste of money.