Bacon Hot Dogs

GoldenMotor.com

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
I keep buying them - :)

They are good. The dog itself is not as good as my fav Hebrew Nationals, but hey, the bacon wrap rocks!

16v4nrbrgr

Mar 17, 2012
North Bay
I mingle with some pretty high profile doctors in racing and have talked about this with them since I have heart disease in my family. Nowadays they are focusing on inflammation of the arteries more than focusing on cholesterol, and fat. Although the nitrates used as preservatives are very bad for you and so is the high sodium, which can be counteract by drinking enough liquids when you do eat hotdogs and realizing the amount of salt consumed. It really can't be linked to just one thing because heart problems are the culmination of diet, stress, environment, heredity, a bunch of things.

That being said, I still consider hot dogs a guilty pleasure and bacon ones sound awesome, lol.

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
I can't eat hotdogs anymore.
*sobs*
It figures they come up with these just now...
*begins crying like a baby*

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
Moderation in all things.

Yup, I enjoy these things 2-3 times a month. Not 2-3 times a week. Also enjoy carrots, radishes, celery, asparagus, broccoli, string beans, califlower, cherries, banannas, melons, apples, pears, plums...

You get the drift.

I have more fruits and veggies in the fridge than hot dogs - :)

fastfingas

Dec 25, 2011
New Orleans
How about raisens do you eat raisens???? try prunes yea they make em really good now my wife bought some said eat one or two a day good for you! man I couldn't stop eatin em almost eat the can!!

ResetBTTN

Mar 18, 2013
Killeen, TX
I'm just trying to help you bro, you don't know what you're missing.

There's a hamburger joint close by that has a double patty hamburger, with a grilled hot dog on it. It's about $9 lol.
Theres a hamburger joint close by that has a double patty hamburger with a CORN DOG on it!
BTW bacon dogs sounds good to me. I've deepfried beef hot dogs wraped in bacon. I have BACON JERKEY in my cabinet. I'm like that dog on the "it's bacon!" commercial. I phreakin love bacon.

Now we're way off subject..back to the bikes.

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Theres a hamburger joint close by that has a double patty hamburger with a CORN DOG on it!
BTW bacon dogs sounds good to me. I've deepfried beef hot dogs wraped in bacon. I have BACON JERKEY in my cabinet. I'm like that dog on the "it's bacon!" commercial. I phreakin love bacon.

Now we're way off subject..back to the bikes.
Oh YEAH!
Bacon jerky is seriously good!
It's so good you will eat the entire bag....
And want another bag.

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
I have a few times taken every slice of bacon from a 1lb package I was cooking and put them on a cutting board and sliced around the fat and cooked the meat remaining in extra light olive oil.

The other way to remove most the fat is to cook really really crispy.

I also go for the Beef Brisket in pressure cooker with beer and veggies. I tried to save by buying large untrimmed brisket and had 1/3 of it being fat I threw out. Some areas of what I wanted to trim was so interlaced that I said ^#%$ it and just tossed it out.

To be eating bacon moderately, I will take left over and put the cooked bacon in the freezer and use it slowly over a few weeks rather than be way dedecadent;)

The_Aleman

Jul 31, 2008
el People's Republik de Kalifornistan
Aidell's Chicken & Apple sausage + applewood smoked bacon + grilled onions on a potato flour bun with Castillo habanero sauce = :D

A meat shop in my town sells bacon burgers. 50% beef, 50% bacon. When they're on the grill every dog on the block gets frantic!

Tinsmith

May 15, 2009
Maryland
Just saw this thread and had to join in. I ate 2 dogs for lunch nearly every day for 25 years or more. My favorite is to slice the dog open and insert some sharp cheddar, then close and wrap in bacon and broil. Fortunately the preservatives have served me well and I have recently been given the thumbs up on my heart and circulatory system. Now I savor a dog or two a month and they are a very special treat. I think I'll have a couple tomorrow. Thanks guys!
Dan

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Sometimes when I make bread, I'll wrap bacon slices around hotdog sized buns ---- let 'em rise and bake for a little longer than normal.

Lipsmackilicious!!

Last edited:

fastfingas

Dec 25, 2011
New Orleans
O.K. since we're no the Bacon thing! down here theres adish called oyster brochet anyway it's basicly a raw oyster wraped in bacon! and broilled or grilled I tell you you could eat 2-3 dozen of those thigs!!!

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
O.K. since we're no the Bacon thing! down here theres adish called oyster brochet anyway it's basicly a raw oyster wraped in bacon! and broilled or grilled I tell you you could eat 2-3 dozen of those thigs!!!
How could that not be good?

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
The grocery store had these cute little ones Saturday. Bought 2 dozen.

All went down in one day. No sauce. Just open and eat. I'd like to try that broiled with bacon thing, but I don't think they would last that long - :)

fastfingas

Dec 25, 2011
New Orleans
I tell they don't ,,get the oysters wrap with the bacon put them on the skewer, how ever you spell it, then put them on the grill or in the broiler oven ! then you feast!!!