rules for me posting

GoldenMotor.com

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Rules for me posting (in no way advise or as staff. Just saying for me and writing “in stone” so folks can call me on it when I fail to follow my own rules)

BE KIND and first, do no harm.. My ego is not as important as any one's feelings . Dave once admonished very correctly with “...remember what your Mother told you, if ya can't say some thing nice, say nothing”

Offer only personal experience, never, “I have read....” Of all the great and brilliant people I have read and studied, I almost always agree with but have found that I some times find different results in practice. Offer only my own real world experience.

Support kindness, fun and exploitative. Take the time to and show interest in new thoughts. Always a good time to learn what I thought, might be mistaken

When I am wrong, (like that didn't happen 3 times last year alone) Stand tall before the man, chest out and bravely admit “my bad”

Last edited:

Moto pope

Mar 26, 2013
St. James, mo
Dan, I am going to assume that your "rules for posting" are the same as the rules in all your personal relationships. I admire that in a man (well, yes, in women also). There is a prevailing culture in much of our society which disrespect is seen as "cool" behavior. That can only lead to a very hostile environment in which to live, no? Thanks for your modeling.

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
I tend to state things as I see or know them, rather than what the audience wants to hear. Sometimes, this has a tendency to hold you back in professional endeavors. However, I never feel bad about what I've said.

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
It all depends on what your responsibly is, Dan has to be very patient with people giving their thought on a subject. Dan and all of the staff do a great job as far as I'm concerned, for over two years now I have watched many noobs ask the same questions that I myself asked before I learner how to search and find posts on a subject. Never has he posted a harsh word even though he could have.

Moto pope

Mar 26, 2013
St. James, mo
It is possible to "tell it as you see it" without offending. It's a developed art, and not every one gains that perspective in interpersonal relations. Differing personalities approach the dynamic loaded with their own individual baggage. As stated above, the overseers of this forum do it well, kudos to you. Nothing turns away a new-comer (no matter the venue) quicker than being "looked down upon" by a senior know-it-all.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Drove a kid (he is 20 or so) home from school today. Really great kid who I enjoy immensely.

He invites me to a party. I really wanted to go but thought again.

On the way home to Carol, I thought this;

Right or wrong, when I stand tall before the man, "I am Carol's man. Please forward all complaints to her. She has much better excuses for my behavior then I will ever be able to come up with.

God bless and have a great day.

Love, Dan"

Pretty much, I am still screwed. Not even Carol can get me inside the pearly gates. (sure, I will still throw stuff at her from outside the fence and make bad jokes but hey)

But is fun to have goals

Last edited:

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
Go to the party, have some fun.

I don't even know any 20 somethings.

I would be feeling pretty good if a 20 something thought I was cool enough to hang with :)

Last edited:

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
LOLOL, too funny

It is great fun to know you guys.

(I will of course deny that later if asked in a court of law and under oath)

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
I really meant that. It is good to know you.

Thank you.

(still not owning up to it in open court though)

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Wait......I ain't got no stink'n subpeona.....lol

I think that next time I'm called for jury duty, I'm gonna ask what kind of beer they sell at their concession stand.

(I just added that "lol"......still kinda confused on how to use it......)

Last edited:

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
I really think "lol" is the greatest thing invented for posting, texting or in any way communicating with just words alone. Folks reading what you say can't see any sort of facial or body language and it is a way to sort of grin or smile in words as you "speak"

This commercial cracks me up;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNHXESQF2Fk

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
LOL, a beer dispensing machine would make jury duty way more fun.

We gotta start a letter writing campaign or something. Beer to the People!