Are there any sellers that sell customized chinese engines?

GoldenMotor.com
Feb 6, 2013
Mesa, Arizona
It's such a hassle trying to find a seller that has all the performance upgrade parts i need since i'd have to pay the shipping fees separately for all these different orders from different shops.

Are there any sellers that sell a regular 66cc/80cc chinese two stroke engines with a high-end carburetor like CNS, Dellorto, RT, High compression engine heads, upgraded cylinder, and a well welded expansion chamber? Or am I asking for too much hahaha

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Check out Arrow, CR machine, Dax.
These have high-end stuff available.
Arrow makes complete ht builds with race parts.
Scotto or one of the other racers might also help you out. (HINT HINT)

Feb 6, 2013
Mesa, Arizona
Check out Arrow, CR machine, Dax.
These have high-end stuff available.
Arrow makes complete ht builds with race parts.
Scotto or one of the other racers might also help you out. (HINT HINT)
I checked arrow, and their fully loaded HT was like 900 dollars i was like dammmmmmmnnnn. I mean if I had the skills to weld up a custom mount i could get a morini for that much. What makes their HT so expensive? I mean like the engine's probably like 150, 90 for a dellorto carb, 80 for expansion chamber, 100 for both cylinder and engine head. What else goes in there that makes that one 900 dollars?

maniac57

Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Speed costs money.
How fast do you wanna go?
KTM clone all day imho.
Building it yourself is the best way to get it YOUR way unless you have serious coin.

Feb 6, 2013
Mesa, Arizona
Speed costs money.
How fast do you wanna go?
KTM clone all day imho.
Building it yourself is the best way to get it YOUR way unless you have serious coin.
I dont' really want to go fast. I just hate having to pedal, and I want just enough power to take off from dead stop without harming the clutch. I tried jackshaft, it wasn't even worth it later on when the derailuer needed constant maintenance.

The thing is, if i bought a KTM clone, i'd have to weld up a custom mount, and that means i'd have to buy a welder which would cost another 200 or so dollars.

Any suggestions?

d_gizzle

May 29, 2012
ARDMORE,OK
Wild bill says repeatedly that he welded it all up. He bolted it on and tack welded for fitting purposes. But.....if someone was to offer mounts for the ktm clone..........

Mar 31, 2013
RI
I dont' really want to go fast. I just hate having to pedal, and I want just enough power to take off from dead stop without harming the clutch. I tried jackshaft, it wasn't even worth it later on when the derailuer needed constant maintenance.
have you considered an internally geared hub that would allow you to dispense with the derailer?

The thing is, if i bought a KTM clone, i'd have to weld up a custom mount, and that means i'd have to buy a welder which would cost another 200 or so dollars.

Any suggestions?
...and here's a welder at Harbor Freight that's on sale now for a hundred. ...for that kind of money you almost can't afford to pass it up, ...a VERY cheap way to break into welding for yourself.

90 Amp Flux Wire Welder

peace, bozo

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA

Any suggestions?
had a customer with a 44T sprocket on a bike with 24" wheels - pulled off from a dead stop with no problems and ran very smoothly (but a bit more slowly than usual)

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
if you don't want to pedal off the line, buy a scooter.

even with a full built motor, fancy carb, x chamber, etc, the china motors don't have enough torque to pull off the line quickly.

i've built plenty of bikes that will move you without pedaling, but never as well as pedaling a whopping 10' from a dead stop.

unless you wanna get a 50t sprocket and a top speed of 15mph at full rpms, you're not gonna find what you want in a china doll.

the shift kit is the closest thing to what you want, but since you tried it already, there's not much else that can be done.

unless you wanna get an electric front wheel kit, too...

maniac57

Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
I agree. Just pedal the darn thing a few feet!
If you MUST take off from a dead stop, get a centrifugal clutch kit for your ht.
Then learn how to repair the pull-starter constantly because they are junk.
As far as cost...EVERYTHING costs something, be it time or money.
Which would you rather spend?
Build it yourself and do it YOUR way.
Pay someone else and get what they decide to give you.
I build them myself.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Ditto to the last two posts. These aren't motorcycles. They're motor assisted bicycles with small engines not designed to pull away from a dead stop using just a clutch.
Pedal it for a few feet, up to about 10 mph, drop the clutch and go, and enjoy the fact that you won't need to pedal again.

Tom

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.
Maniac is right, Speed costs MONEY. You can have SPEED off the line or SPEED on top end pretty cheap. It's hard to get both. Put a 44 tooth sprocket on a 20" wheel and yer off the line pretty quick. Put a 50 tooth sprocket on a 26"wheel, same thing. This is all for "off the line" power.
If ya want top end speed just go smaller rear sprockets, But ya lose the "off the line" power.
You say you've tried the shift kit. If ya still have it you might try putting yer money into the best derailleur you can find. Or put good bearings in a cheap one. All the deraileurs I've seen have brass bushings. This would take a little work but I think it could be done. Just a thought.
fatdaddy.usflg
--------------------------------------
IT'S YOUR BIKE, BUILD IT YOUR WAY.
---------------------------------------------------
It would be nice to spend billions on schools and roads,
but right now that money is desperately needed for political ads.