Time for fuel

GoldenMotor.com

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Was happy to get off work early today so I can go for a ride on this beautiful day. Only to realize the only fuel I have is whats in the carb and fuel filter. My gas can is also empty so its off to the gas station.

.wee.

Attachments

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
I used to haul my 5 gallon tank on a little trailer that I made for my motorbike
Have a trailer but I have not used it in a very long time. I find the rack just as useful for me. I take it off when its not needed; there is only four bolts that hold it on and taking it on and off only takes a minute.

Originally Posted by LR Jerry You didn't have to peddle there did you Dave?
Nope I made it, but it was real close ;)

Toadmund

Jan 19, 2012
Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada
HA!
That must be about a minute or more worth of fuel, I know that because I am a pro at forgetting to turn my fuel valve back on.
It may get you to the gas station, providing it's about a minute or more away.

It's the 'or more' part, that's the clinker.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
It may get you to the gas station, providing it's about a minute or more away.
Chevron is .5 miles according to google, but thats the long way going around the neighborhood. Much faster and shorter to just go down the alley then cut through the apartment complex.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
That's kinda funny Dave as I ran outta gas last thursday while getting lunch on my new cruiser commuter......at 1am! When I got off work at 5:30am I had to pedal 2 blocks to ARCO and fill up. No big deal as my 4-stroke needs no premix so I just pull up to the pump. The beauty of the 4-stroke.....

dnut

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
I was thinking that, even though it is the first time I ever saw it (on a motorized bicycle), but I was unsure because I saw no caliper.

Wasn't installed, thanks.
Yeah, I like running a smaller rotor like this one pictured on my race bike.....that 160mm rotor just looks like krap to me and doesn't need to be near that large for this application....