Clutch arm keeps popping up

GoldenMotor.com

Jesse_James

Apr 9, 2013
USA
I have been having so many problems with the clutch on my bike. First the orginal cable that came with the kit frayed at the end from going in and out when engaging and disengaging the clutch I had to replace the cable with a wire I got at the home depot for 26 cents a foot and it is a BETTER cable wire I sliped it though the protective housing to the clutch control arm and adjusted it.

Now the clutch control arm pops up out of place when the clutch is engaged. Which easily comes out of the housing and would hang from the wire of the cable when it comes out. When the clutch is disengaged its secured and won't pop up out of the housing. Why is this?

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Pull the sprocket cover and replace the pin that holds the arm in. You can find roll pins at most hardware stores that will work. Look for a blob of epoxy, that's how the factory secures the pin. Also check the slot in the clutch arm for damage where the pin slides. It's a L-shaped groove. Also be sure the arm is inserted correctly so the flat at the bottom of the clutch arm is facing the bucking bar when the arm is installed.
I've seen a couple turned wrong which disables the clutch from working properly.