help

GoldenMotor.com

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
so now im thinking it might be a seizure. im not sure how to check these things but taking the exaughst off might give me a good look at the pistons? ive got a new cdi coming in the mail along with a backup magneto if they fail. ill get back to this thread on what will happen next. only thing i can do is wait.

Here is why i think it was a seizure. The choke was half up cause i left it up not realizing. it got real hot and then stopped and then wouldnt start. no spark. it just seemed to sort of lock up. it feels the same as before when it was running just nothing happening
I thought you said you had no spark?
Yes?
No?

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
it doesnt but in order to get a spark you have to turn the engine over correct?
Yes, turning the engine over creates the spark.

Take the plug out and lay it on the head so it is touching metal
and grounded. Of course your plug cap and wire is attached to the CDI.

Try pushing the bike turning the engine over or have someone hold
the rear wheel off the ground and turn the engine over with the pedals.

Helps if it is not too bright out to see the spark.

Look in your plug cap and if the round brass piece is pulled out of the
plastic and loose there will be no contact, so no spark.

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
i tried to start it and nothing. when i took out my boot from the spark plug,

the spring was still inside but the little copper thing with the little metal clip were on the end of the plug still in the engine.

does this mean anything or should i just screw it back in?

and when i do screw it back in when i remove the boot again it also comes back out like its not catching on the the threads
Yes, it means it's broken so go get a spark plug wire off a car or ?
and replace the wire into the CDI like I already said in one of your threads. :D

scythyn

Mar 31, 2013
dartmouth
i have already ordered a new mag(just in case) and a cdi but they have not got here yet. im still having difficulty trying to pedal the bike while the clutch is released. it is just loking up but there is a point before it locks up. it has drag before it locks but no engine popping or putting or any of that stuff so i cant actually see if there is no spark. we hooked it up to an ohm reader but i think you have to be moving do you not?

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
it certainly sounds like the engine is seized - you'll need to take off the head and most likely the barrel too to see if it can be freed up or if you need new top end parts