Honda GX35 Help!!

GoldenMotor.com

irishjedikev

Mar 26, 2013
NorCal
Hey folks!

I have a Honda GX35 that I installed on a goped to keep the noise down. The motor is basically brand new. My issue is that it spiutters pretty bad and worse if i'm at WOT. Also, sometimes after sustained power, if I come to a light and let off the gas, the motor simply dies. I took the carb apart and it seemed clean. I could not find any adjustment screws on this carb other than the throttle stop. Any help is GREATLY appreciated!!

noisydad

Jun 17, 2009
West Hartford, CT
I had a rough-running-no-acceleration problem with my GX35 last year that turned out to be a bad ignition coil. I had been using the motor to power my friction-drive bike for 2 years at that point. It has been fine since replacing the coil.

irishjedikev

Mar 26, 2013
NorCal
ok, so I replaced the coil and still the bogging and sputtering persists. Any other suggestions? Replace the carb? Ugh....so frustrating.

irishjedikev

Mar 26, 2013
NorCal
OK, I guess I'll replace the carb. If that doesn't fix it, then the Honda goes up for sale because I can't afford to keep throwing money at a brand new motor. Wish me luck and keep an other ideas coming. THanks!!