9.5 hp engine

GoldenMotor.com

graydog8josh

Nov 23, 2012
Starkville,MS
Im looking at the 9.5 hp engine from arrow, and its becoming more appealing every day. Im considering buying for my birthday in june. Im considering it for these reasons below, so can someone help inform me on if these are actual considerations and share any considerations i may have missed.

1: more power. I like being able to go 30-40. I can't do that right now with my 50cc.
2: less pedalling. I figure with 9.5 horsepower i should be able to go from 5mph all the way up to speeds that keep me up wiht traffic and never have to pedal after starting.
3: more acceleration. I dont know but i would think id be able to get up to speed much quicker.
4: less vibration. The crank is balanced so i would think it would vibrate less than my old 66cc and maybe even my 50cc.
5: less fabrication. since this is a china, it should be plug and play with the setup i have right now, if i ordered a dax ktmc i would have to fab mounts and fit exhaust and i just don't want to fool with something i cant use today.
6: cheaper over the long run. with the upgraded carb and head and porting etc, if something does melt down, i will still have the carb. Likely still have the head, and i will be able to find parts pretty easily to replace something that fails and cheaply.

while the initial cost of this kit is staggering compared to other higher hp options, i think this will be a significant improvement for these reasons, even over the "street racer 4.5" which doesnt have balanced crank or large exhaust

graydog8josh

Nov 23, 2012
Starkville,MS
what about points 5 and 6?

If the ktm50 fits the mounts i have and all the parts are interchangable then nevermind. Otherwise, these are the reasons id be willing to pay more for arrow's 9.5 over the ktm50.

i see the dax ktmc 50 is ~500.

headtrama

Jul 8, 2010
california
You can get a basic 66cc china motor to cruise at 35mph with a 40 mph top speed for a short distance . It just takes some basic port clean up and a 40 tooth sprocket .

graydog8josh

Nov 23, 2012
Starkville,MS
i agree, but it will vibrate like crazy. point 4. i had one with porting and it vibrated a lot. now it doesnt run. im looking to replace this motor with something MORE powerful that can go as fast or faster without coming apart.

I had the 66 cc with ported cylinder, it went 34 with 41T sprocket. 36 down a hill, and thats as fast as it ever went.

I dont want to stand on a hill with this idea and shoot everyone down, please, make me feel like you read all of what i said and didnt ignore anything. I trust you all in here.

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
Headtrama has built some very reliable and fast 66cc engines, also has the KTM clone on a bike.

I say buy the arrow engine and let us know how you like it. I have seen it run on the track and it's fast...

headtrama

Jul 8, 2010
california
I have never had one vibrate itself apart , I still have my very first motor i bought back in 2010 . it has been rebuilt but will cruise at 35 all day long and see 40 mph when i want it to . I am not saying yours didn't vibrate might of just been a bad motor . Good luck on whatever you decide to do .

graydog8josh

Nov 23, 2012
Starkville,MS
That's kind of my point.
If i buy a 'bad motor' and port it, i won't be able to return it especially if my tuning knowledge isnt sufficient to allow me to get 40+ from it. If i buy a 9.5 hp race motor that's already ported and dont get 40, then i can get on the phone with dave and he can tell me exactly what to do until im getting what i want out of it.

runnermike

Nov 18, 2012
Sanford, FL
I have the 4.5 street racer from Arrow. I customized a kx60 exhaust and the thing is an absolute beast! Faster than I care to go on a bicycle. I easily reach 45 in a matter of seconds with throttle left. I can only imagine the 9.5!