New 2 Stroke China Girl Motor - Runs Rough - Solved ??

GoldenMotor.com

4you2eat

Oct 27, 2012
Spring Texas
I have a 2 Stroke China Girl it runs rough brand new and I checked for obvious issues like intake leaks, carb, magneto coil, CDI by swapping w/ a good engine and I could not get it to run right. Thought mebbe magneto magnet was the issue. I ordered a new magnet from Bikeberry and here is what I saw when comparing the original magnet w/ the new replacement magnet. Who thinks I may have found the issue ? I did not check the one in the bad motor to the good motor for this issue. However it looks like a bad magnet.

You can see the key is off by several degrees from one to the other. I do not care to install motor in my running bike to check. I shall wait and install on a build I'm working on to see if I have fixed the issue. I think I have found it.dnut

Last edited:

BigBlue

Nov 29, 2011
California
Re: New 2 Stroke China Girl - Runs Rough - Solved ??

Yeh,

I think you'd have a timing issue.

Chris
AKA: BigBlue

Last edited:

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas

The one looks correct. That will probably solve your issues.

4you2eat

Oct 27, 2012
Spring Texas

YAAAAAAY ! thanxxx. Thinking back I should have compared magnet key location / timing to to good running motor, but you would think "Yuan Dong Quality Control" wouldn't let that one go out the door huh ?

Last edited:

Theon

Jan 20, 2014
FNQ Australia
Been meaning to compare the two magnets on my Phantom as it's motor is the closest to standard. Swapped the magnet the other day from magnet on left to magnet on right, the bike was running OK with 1st magnet, but is not run in and didn't want to push her to hard. And havn't got out for another ride on her yet.
2 Door I think it was , said he found they run better with more retard (new magnet).