Newbie about to build

GoldenMotor.com

whosworkinthegrill

Oct 21, 2008
San Clemente, Ca.
Im so stoked about this project. Thanks to all for all the info provided on this site, every one is so helpful. I have a Nirve crusier that I have dissasembled, painted, reassembled with fresh bearings and its ready for assembly. (^). I ride a Motorcycle for transpo and cant wait to have fun on my new surf break hopper.
thank you all!

whosworkinthegrill

Oct 21, 2008
San Clemente, Ca.
Its a Nirve 53 wth a 70cc. I painted it camo green and flat black. Springer front end and all. It looks pretty sweet. I put Bontragger unidirectional tires (hold 65#'s). I think its gonna be fast.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
OH Man, post pics! ......and you built my dream #7 bike. They are in no order, just a lengthy wish list

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Thank you for all the welcoming! Here are some pics. as you can see nothing is assembled (the surf has been good) but I will start on it tomorrow. Its my first time so It will prolly be a slow go. I hope you like it.
Whos, LOL! there is so much right about that post! surfs up. Ya see so many folks rush threw their first build. Taking the time to get to know your new baby and every inch of her and what is good, bad and "next one I am gonna..." is the way. In about 6 months you will be trying to get new folks to slow down and enjoy this part.

I just realized that we all on our first build, refer to it as "first" like it is a given there will be more. hmm, that is the first sign of addiction, aywut?

That is gonna be about beautiful! Really good choice on platform. I just found out there is a way to make the top tube your gas tank. Takes time, but man they are unbelievable!!

I look forward to the pics. She is gonna be sweet! What are you naming her?

Post script; I am starting a new build for the winter contest that has me as, if not more excited as my first ChinaGurl. The tank is the top tube, 4 stroke and a grubee reduction gear! But your bike is gonna give me a run for the money in the contest. (winter build contest.There is no real money, just MB cash and valuable, none tangible prizes)

Last edited:

whosworkinthegrill

Oct 21, 2008
San Clemente, Ca.
I dont know what to name her, I'll just have to wait and see after a few rides.
Thank you so much for the compliment but I am sure that its not winter build material. mabee after a couple more bikes I will be ready for that.

Tank Top Tube? that sounds sick. Id love to see that.
Grubee reduction gear? whats that?

business is slow this week so I will be riding (hopefully) by tuesday.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Keith's Stories <pics of top tube gas tank and steps

Some one here also made a beauty! I can't find the thread, but am sure some one will know. What is shown at that link is cut the top tube out and weld it You can also, and I think preferably, drill fill and petcock holes and do it all with chemicals and not mess with the paint job. Is really cool. A man named HBlocal came up with it and shared his method freely. Awesome guy. Here is another link to the same concept.Ridley Vintage Motorbikes : Models Found out it has been being done for years.

grubbe gear box is for 4 strokes, Gear Box Assembly

Last edited: