Sd stinger china motor problem help

GoldenMotor.com

GoPed

Jul 30, 2012
Los Angeles
Man only 60 miles on a gallon, I get 60 on each tank easy. Have you checked the main jet? Sometimes the jet will vibrate loose or even fall in the bowl. I have hear of it on the nt carb. It happened to me on the cns2, my bike started fourstroking at the end of a 40 mile ride three weeks ago so the next day I pulled the bowl and found the jet had backed out about half way. The 32/1 should be a good mix with the Lucas, I run it at 40/1 in my bikes.
Ok I thought the reason for the bad mpg was the rich mix but also note that where I live almost every street is a steep hill so to hit 15mph on these hills I have to use WOT even though the revs are low. I don't think it has been four stroking so I am not sure if this is the issue. If the jet is the issue then how would one check the main jet? Btw my C clip is still at the bottom notch I know this affects the air fuel mix but would this have that big of a effect on my mileage?

Last edited:

GoPed

Jul 30, 2012
Los Angeles
Ok well its not the jet I checked that it seemed tight so I'm stumped maybe its the c clip and the hills and the oil mix but really 60 miles per gallon on these things wow that is sad.

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Maybe yours will run better after a few hundred miles, both of mine ran a lot better after 250 miles or so. I just rode 50 miles this afternoon and still have fuel in the tank, probably have 12 to 15 miles of fuel left.

GoPed

Jul 30, 2012
Los Angeles
Its weird my engine seems to 4 stroke under load unless I'm at wot plus The idle screw wont keep the motor running fast enough to not stall. Seems like i need to adjust my c clip but to what position?