Helio Bikes

GoldenMotor.com

Tyler6357

Mar 15, 2012
Santa Barbara, CA
I thought I would relate my experience with Heliobikes. I ordered this china girl from Helio on 3/26/12. I got a receipt in my e-mail.

Thank you for your order, here is your receipt:
Order #: 1332795701-325
Order Date: 03/26/2012
Order Total: $160.36

Bill To Address
---------------------------
Edited for privacy
Ship To Address
Edited for privacy
Shipping Instructions
Ship Via: FedEx Ground
Payment Info
PayPal Website Payments Standard

Order Summary
--------------------------
1 - [motoronly] 66/80cc Slanthead 2 Stroke Engine @ $129.99

1: Total Items

Subtotal: $129.99
Tax: $10.72

Discount: -$0.00
S/H: $19.65
Total: $160.36
Gift Certificate: -$0.00
Grand Total: $160.36
2 days later I sent an e-mail below:

On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 2:25 AM, Tyler> wrote:

Has my order shipped yet? Tracking number?? I'm in Santa Barbara CA, how long should it take?
Thank you
The next day I got this e-mail answer:

Hey tyler, we are looking to ship your order today and it should take only a day to get to you. We will send you the tracking number as soon as it leaves our facility

Thanks
Sadly, this would be the last e-mail communication I would recieve from Helio Bikes.

Two days later I sent this e-mail:
I still haven't received anything. What is the tracking number please?
Two days later I called and left a message on their voice mail and I sent this e-mail:
Kyle:
It has now been 1 week since I paid for my order and I have still not received anything from you, no tracking number or order. Are you going to send my motor or not? If not, I demand a complete refund of $160.36. Further, if I don't hear back from you in 24 hours I will assume that I have been ripped off and will start the refund process from Pay-Pal.
24hrs later I sent this e-mail:
It's clear that you are not going to send my order and refuse to answer my e-mail or return my voice mails. I now demand a refund of $160.36 be issued immediately to my pay-pal account. Failure to do so could result in legal action against you.
The next day the motor came from Fed Ex. I never did get a tracking number but when I opened the box the motor was damaged. It was not packed very well and moved around freely inside the box. I sent this e-mail:

I have now received my order. The engine arrived damaged. I have attached pictures for your inspection. I have only taken it out of the box. It looks like it was dropped although there is no damage to the box it was shipped in. It wasn't packed very securely. It came in a box twice as big as the engine and it moved around freely inside.
The damage is to the head fins and the side fins. The head fin is cracked and bent and the side fin just looks bent. Rust can also be seen on the spark plug and on the head nuts too, not that big of a deal, but it's the damaged head that I'm worried about. I would like to return this order for a exchange or refund.
Please respond
This e-mail was never answered. I had to file a dispute with pay-pal and make a claim. I never had any other communication from Helio bikes. The dispute was resolved through pay-pal in my favor. I had to spend $16 to send it back and finally got my refund issued yesterday (5/2/12).

This is not a company that I would recommend to anybody. This is not how customers should be treated. I would have settled for a new head (the head was cracked) even though the engine looked like it got thrown down a flight of stairs but they made no effort to even communicate with me. I don't mean to bash sponsors to this website but I thought I should tell everyone my experience with HELIO BIKES.

Hoze513

Nov 24, 2011
Joliet, illinois
Sounds like they did not have one to sell at the time. It seems to me like they just sent you a broken one, just to shut you up. Iam glad to hear that you got your money back.