Dean and Pipelyne - I hate to do this

GoldenMotor.com

Nipash

Jul 31, 2011
Washington
Can someone PM Dean Web address, I want to check out his parts. Thanks
As far as I can tell, he doesn't have a website or e-mail. So, you'd have to call him @ (408) 279-2694 I'd advise you to call on weekdays from 8AM-4PM and also from a non-restricted number since he doesn't answer those.

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
I do have to say that the reviews seem to be either completely 100% satisfied, or :-||. Anyway, for something costing over $2100 and coming from over 1000 miles away I at least want to be around 90% sure that I'll be getting what I asked for. What do you guys think?
I spoke to Dean regarding this and the customer changed his mind a couple of time and then decided he wanted a H2O cooled after the bike was completed and in route. In fact, Dean even went as far as buying an air cooled cylinder to satisfy him.

Nipash,
You are correct. BoXer is the brand name for Dean's vehicles. I've raced his karts, scooters and bikes for many years and probably know him better than anyone else. Dean has been a straight shooter with me ever since I've know him and when I hear him speaking with his clients, he's a "No Frill" person and tells it like it is. You don't stay in business for 3 decades by ripping people off.

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
As far as I can tell, he doesn't have a website or e-mail. So, you'd have to call him @ (408) 279-2694 I'd advise you to call on weekdays from 8AM-4PM and also from a non-restricted number since he doesn't answer those.
I think that's his fax number. His office number is (408)279-2307 and you are correct. Dean does not pick up resricted numbers because 95% of the time its a solicitor.

Nov 25, 2011
Kansas
finally got enough parts to start up the bike tonight. a few things are being held on by zip ties though hah. Not sure if you can see it but I have an extremely high performance rear suspension(a crutch leg) while I am still waiting on a shock. Main gripes with the bike would probably be the chains. I can't imagine what it is going to take to get the rear drive and pedal chains aligned and tight enough. Also I was told the bike was going to be powder coated and it is most definitely paint so that is disappointing. The frame is very rigid so that is good and engine vibrations are very controlled.

On starting the engine for the first time. Was a HUGE hassle. When I put fuel in it the first time the carb just dumped fuel out the carb. I took out the needle and cleaned it and it was better but still dripped a bit. Not sure what was making it so hard to start but once the fueling was controlled it started much easier. This engine will have a ton of power once I can get into the throttle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnGiKjw1_TY

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
finally got enough parts to start up the bike tonight. a few things are being held on by zip ties though hah. Not sure if you can see it but I have an extremely high performance rear suspension(a crutch leg) while I am still waiting on a shock. Main gripes with the bike would probably be the chains. I can't imagine what it is going to take to get the rear drive and pedal chains aligned and tight enough. Also I was told the bike was going to be powder coated and it is most definitely paint so that is disappointing. The frame is very rigid so that is good and engine vibrations are very controlled.

On starting the engine for the first time. Was a HUGE hassle. When I put fuel in it the first time the carb just dumped fuel out the carb. I took out the needle and cleaned it and it was better but still dripped a bit. Not sure what was making it so hard to start but once the fueling was controlled it started much easier. This engine will have a ton of power once I can get into the throttle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnGiKjw1_TY
No, but his cohorts are. They say he does good work and has an excellent product.

Will anyone speak in his behalf at this moment?
Well what can I say? Sigh.. I thought long and hard about this believe me....Personally the wait time for me for this bike is prolly one of the most freak'n '''brutal things I have endured''' seriously . I am just now getting the rest of my stuff in for bike # two Liquid Kewled.

Well shoot is it worth it you bet.. absofrigganlutly to me.. It really does work and it can go over logs baby.. http://youtu.be/PYEtCbGeMmI

To me best Damn bike ever period hands down!!! and I mean that!! I thoroughly tested my first one.. Wait time @#$%^! brutal:(

Got yours? I got mine!:p Got Milk? :) I will be riding with a grin.............for a very long long time!

dnutdnut

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
Well what can I say? Sigh.. I thought long and hard about this believe me....Personally the wait time for me for this bike is prolly one of the most freak'n '''brutal things I have endured''' seriously . I am just now getting the rest of my stuff in for bike # two Liquid Kewled.

Well shoot is it worth it you bet.. absofrigganlutly to me.. It really does work and it can go over logs baby.. http://youtu.be/PYEtCbGeMmI

To me best Damn bike ever period hands down!!! and I mean that!! I thoroughly tested my first one.. Wait time @#$%^! brutal:(

Got yours? I got mine!:p Got Milk? :) I will be riding with a grin.............for a very long long time!

dnutdnut
That's one reason I'd never plunk down $2k-$3k for any MB stuff online.

If it's already built and I can pick it up from their shop/store, I'd do it.

If not, forget it. I don't care if it's the fastest bike I'd ever ride.

I'm happy with my Tanaka 47R engine/Diamondback bike. I have spares for everything, so I'm not at anyone's mercy. That's one reason that I'll never patronize a certain particular vendor again, whom I have had several of his drive systems before.

foundmydog

Oct 17, 2011
South Carolina, USA
Just for my knowledge, and anyone else here who may be interested...

Besides the drama going on in this post, and who ever it is that is representing Dean and /or pipeline....

Is he or his company really bad????

Any former customers want to step forward and help us here?

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
That's one reason I'd never plunk down $2k-$3k for any MB stuff online.

If it's already built and I can pick it up from their shop/store, I'd do it.

If not, forget it. I don't care if it's the fastest bike I'd ever ride.

I'm happy with my Tanaka 47R engine/Diamondback bike. I have spares for everything, so I'm not at anyone's mercy. That's one reason that I'll never patronize a certain particular vendor again, whom I have had several of his drive systems before.
I have many high End down hill sus forks I have bought on line including motors. You can still get KTM replacement Morini motors too.
But now you are compairing a Yugo to a Lamborghini.. lol I cruise around in neighborhoods 15 to twenty miles an hour quit often too. Then I let her rip! Its all in the tuning!

To each there own.. my personal fetish is having full suspension bikes. To me its a smoother more peace full ride.

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
I have many high End down hill sus forks I have bought on line including motors. You can still get KTM replacement Morini motors too.
But now you are compairing a Yugo to a Lamborghini.. lol I cruise around in neighborhoods 15 to twenty miles an hour quit often too. Then I let her rip! Its all in the tuning!

To each there own.. my personal fetish is having full suspension bikes. To me its a smoother more peace full ride.
You are absolutely correct!

Welllll, maybe comparing a hot Volkswagen Bug with a modified 911 Porsche.dance1

I LOVED hot VW's.

The Transporter

Jan 20, 2012
dearborn heights michigan
I spoke to Dean regarding this and the customer changed his mind a couple of time and then decided he wanted a H2O cooled after the bike was completed and in route. In fact, Dean even went as far as buying an air cooled cylinder to satisfy him.

Nipash,
You are correct. BoXer is the brand name for Dean's vehicles. I've raced his karts, scooters and bikes for many years and probably know him better than anyone else. Dean has been a straight shooter with me ever since I've know him and when I hear him speaking with his clients, he's a "No Frill" person and tells it like it is. You don't stay in business for 3 decades by ripping people off.
Easy rider, Nothing to do with this tread but seems that you know Dean, just wondering if you could help me find out whats happening with my boxer build,what stage it is in and when I might be receiving it. Any help would be appreciated. Seems both Terry and Dean are very buzy and hard to get hold of. Wish i lived in area as it would help me understand things alot better. Took alot of jave talking to get the old lady to agree to spending that amount on a bike! I here i told you not to get that dam bike alot latley, Dont think i can take much more if you know what i mean brother,meaning the sooner i get it the sooner she shuts up!!!!!:-||

foundmydog

Oct 17, 2011
South Carolina, USA
PM me your info and I'll find out the status for you. Include your email.
SO....... it would seem the ONLY way to find out about ANYTHING about one's order with Dean or Pipelyne is to become a member here and PM YOU and ask you because dean NEVER answers his phone???

Sounds like a heck of a guy running one heck of a company!!!

Another company to put on the blacklist for bad customer service...

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Any former customers want to step forward and help us here?
Former you say?

I would like to say that so far even tho I waited I always got what I needed. There is a bit of custom work that goes into this bike. Custom parts ordered custom parts machined.. I don't think that Dean really makes any money on these bikes ether. I got him on the phone just yesterday. For me I gotta truly say he has always been very pleasant to talk to.

Just give him some time guy's.. You can't please everybody.. Some folks you can never please. Dean prolly thinks I am one of them..there's some truth in thatlaff

I am of the opinion as that we got some trolling going on here. Low post count first time posters. Its like those folks that write graffiti on bathroom walls etc..lol Human nature. I got a Idea who as well? All too familiar. LMAO.

Rear Shocks averaging 400 dollars on up and forks alone at 800 on up.. Motor 600, labor phone calls etc. I know the guy doesn't just do these bikes. I don't really see how he makes his money back on them? Prolly breaks even with any luck?

Any how having one of them and scoring a second one is the shizzile for me! Got Milk!

Nov 25, 2011
Kansas
the goal of this thread was not to bash or discredit Dean/Pipeline. I just wanted what I was still waiting for. I actually thought he was a member on here. Spoke with him today and hopefully everything is straightened out. I do think he will make everything right. Just wish it wouldn't have taken this long.

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
Former you say?

I would like to say that so far even tho I waited I always got what I needed. There is a bit of custom work that goes into this bike. Custom parts ordered custom parts machined.. I don't think that Dean really makes any money on these bikes ether. I got him on the phone just yesterday. For me I gotta truly say he has always been very pleasant to talk to.

Just give him some time guy's.. You can't please everybody.. Some folks you can never please. Dean prolly thinks I am one of them..there's some truth in thatlaff

I am of the opinion as that we got some trolling going on here. Low post count first time posters. Its like those folks that write graffiti on bathroom walls etc..lol Human nature. I got a Idea who as well? All too familiar. LMAO.

Rear Shocks averaging 400 dollars on up and forks alone at 800 on up.. Motor 600, labor phone calls etc. I know the guy doesn't just do these bikes. I don't really see how he makes his money back on them? Prolly breaks even with any luck?

Any how having one of them and scoring a second one is the shizzile for me! Got Milk!
You're right GH, Dean doesn't make really a whole lot on these bikes. He just likes making really cool stuff. Also you can also count the labor it cost him to work on the bikes and weld up the frame. I've seen the work he puts into these bikes because I own the 2nd one every made. Of course Dean's was first. I am a good friend of Dean's and have raced for him for many years. I'm here to help the members answer questions. As a side note, this is only something he enjoys doing but this is not his primary business. His main goal is seeing people having fun on his creations.

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
Former you say?

I agree with a lot of what you say.

If I could buy one of his bikes right now and pick it up, I'd prolly do it.

If I had to squeeze and pray, I wouldn't buy.

But hey' that's just me.

Nov 25, 2011
Kansas
Dean sent me my tracking info for my shock. I am content :) can't wait for tuesday. chainreactioncycles botched my brake order so I need to order my rear brake elsewhere but I can play with just a front brake for awhile longer.

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
On a brighter note:
Tony and Ryan,
I hoped I answered your questions. Feel free to PM me with anymore questions.