ThatsDax motor kit

GoldenMotor.com

gera229

Sep 4, 2011
USA
If you were to get a 2 stroke motor kit

Or a 4 stroke motor kit what would you get?

I organized a thatsdax motor kit with RT Carb and calbe = 280
hardware stuff, studs, gaskets, fuel filter, spark plug, plug wire, (gaskets? additional high quality clutch cable?) = 50-60 shipped from SBP
mani mechanic manifold from berrybike = about 23 shipped

Total is 280+50+23 = 353 shipped for a 2 stroke upgraded motor (idk how much horsepower it will be or anything)

A stock thatsdax 4 stroke motor would be:
Titan XC50S+kit for 413 shipped
Or an Titan XC50 with kit for 380 shipped.
Or Titan XC30 with kit for 360 shipped.
But this is for the stock stuff vs the modified 2 stroke.

Is Titan a genuine or a clone/ chinese brand? Which would last longer?
I want a motor more inside of my bike than in the back.

However in terms of reliability, price, etc which of these would be a better motor kit a 2 stroke modified or a stock 4 stroke? To get internal mounts for mounting inside of the bike how much would that cost?

Do 4 strokes need any replacements or anything like 2 strokes (this will raise price up a bit from the stock price)?
2 strokes just seem very highly priced these days.

Last edited:

Drewd

Jul 25, 2008
Colorado
I've got 2 years of regular use on my Dax 2 stroke (china girl/happy time type) running 100% Sig Castor oil at 32:1 ratio with no problems at all related to the engine. Its not the most powerful engine but has been the smoothest and one of the most trouble free.

gera229

Sep 4, 2011
USA
How many miles do you have on it? Do you have any mods, replacements on it?

As for power full all these 2 stroke 80cc/66cc have the same power.
As well as the 4 stroke 49cc I believe has the same power as the 66cc 2 stroke engines.

DaxsRT carb can give it a few HP gain, based on what I've read.

Is it straight plug or is it angle plug?

Drewd

Jul 25, 2008
Colorado
How many miles do you have on it? Do you have any mods, replacements on it?

As for power full all these 2 stroke 80cc/66cc have the same power.
As well as the 4 stroke 49cc I believe has the same power as the 66cc 2 stroke engines.

DaxsRT carb can give it a few HP gain, based on what I've read.

Is it straight plug or is it angle plug?
I don't track miles. I have a little over 200 hours on the engine. The HT engines DO NOT all have the same power. There is a lot of variance out there among same builds and between different manufacturers. I have a high compression head on the Dax and it hlps.

gera229

Sep 4, 2011
USA
I assume you have over 2000 miles then. 200 hours by 10 miles per hour = 2000 miles. If you drove faster then more miles which I think you did run it drive it faster.

And HT engines have very similar power, maybe not exactly the same, but I assume very similar. You can correct me if I am wrong.
Which engine do you think is the most powerful brand? What brand is Daxs kit? Is it one of the most powerful 66cc 2 stroke engines?