Ready to ride in the "Wild and Wonderful"

GoldenMotor.com

whiteoakharold

Aug 13, 2008
Hey Folks, I've wanted a motorized bicycle since 1956/7 when an older friend got a new Whizzer for Christmas (he would never let me ride it) and he did sell me my first bike an old springer front end Schwinn and made me the happiest kid in Gulfport Mississippi, next to him of course. My arthritis is too bad for a Harley so I guess this is next best or better (no tag). I'm only interested in the 4 cycle motors. I'm a big guy 230 lbs. 6ft tall, so I need a heavy duty large bike. W V law only allows a maximum 50cc motor, it shall be capable of propelling the vehicle, unassisted, at a speed not to exceed 30 miles an hour on a level road surface and shall be equipped with a power drive system that functions directly or automatically only, not requiring clutching or shifting by the operator after the drive system is engaged. ( I sure hope someone comes up with a centrifugal clutch shift system pretty soon). WV also says that the bike must have certification labels. Oh yes they say 30 mph but in another place it says Max speed in town is 25 and that Max speed on the open road is 40 mph:confused: and can not be operated in 55mph zones (do you have to turn off your motor till you get out of it ???) any I'm glad I found this place, ya'll will hear more from me I have lots of questions. I've been a car/industrial Mechanic off and on for most of my adult life (I'm 63) so this should be lots of fun.

Saddletramp1200

Custom MB Buiilder
May 7, 2008
Houston, Texas
Thanks for joining us. Unless your police run out of "fun things" to do, it's not likely you will get bothered. Don't ride inside the courthouse, throw water ballons at the chief of police, ya' know, stuff like that. rotfl