keg style seat post tank options

GoldenMotor.com

walander

Aug 27, 2010
ID
Hello, I was wondering if anyone knows of another source for seat post style gas tanks like the one that pirate sells, $250 is a little steep for me, I know some people have made them, mind sharing some pics and info about your build? thanks

sportscarpat

Bonneville Bomber the Salt Flat record breaker
Jun 25, 2009
california
I hear sportscarpat makes a pretty nice keg style tank. It even comes with a layback seat post. You should email him!

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
PM Silverbear. He makes 48oz leather covered juice can gas tanks.
They look great and are reasonably priced.

I'm sure he will hurry one for you if he doesn't have one made up all ready.

Steve.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Just click on their name at the top of their post and a small menu will come up and then click on personal message.
I just talked to him a minute ago and told him you wanted a tank so I'm sure you will hear from him shortly or I know he posted on the DYI thread so you can get one of his posts there to contact him.

Steve.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Not sure. I have one that I haven't used yet. I was thinking that I'd plan a way to hook it to the seat post and bring a flat piece of steel back and weld it to a cross piece of flat steel in a T shape and use two stainless steel hose clamps to attach it to that unless you have a rear rack on your bike..

Hope that helps.

Steve.

walander

Aug 27, 2010
ID
well, because the build cost for this bike has alredy toped $1400, im keeping costs down by making my own tank. The plan? using a seat post only mounted rack, cutting it short so it does not stick out in front of the tank, got a little 10"x5"x5" go cart tank that im going to hide in a round leather harley bag, bolt the whole thing down and away I go, ill post pics when im done. thanks for all the help and info