Hello From NH

GoldenMotor.com

JR_HOLT

Jul 18, 2008
NH USA
Hi I am new to the forum and have a lot of questions...But I will read a lot first before asking a ton of the same old same old..

My Project is to build a commuter bike for the 70 miles round trip on back country roads. Thoughts and Ideas are more then welcome.

• Four Stroke or Two (which is better?)
  • Any good source of Old fashion gas tanks (Early Harley Style)?
  • Has any worked on a gas/electric drive hybrid system?

Thanks JR

JR_HOLT

Jul 18, 2008
NH USA
Hi -

That's 70 miles round trip three days a week and 20 miles the other two. I have biked it on nice days but takes too long. I want to build a derringer style bike to help with the hills. (NH has a lot of intense hills).

Ilikeabikea

Jan 27, 2008
Ptown, Texas
Welcome to the forum. I think if I was going to do those kinds of miles I would probably go with a 4 stroke. Glad you joined us.............................

Saddletramp1200

Custom MB Buiilder
May 7, 2008
Houston, Texas
Ditto: 4 stroke is the way to go. Gas tanks are up to you. I have a friend that has a two gallon aluminum keg looking tank mounted behind his saddle.
He pulls a little trailer behind and picks up beer cans as a hobby. Seen him empty some too. (c)

comfortableshoes

Jul 22, 2008
Beverly, MA USA
I picked up a honda qa50 tank on eBay for about $25. It's a good sized tank and looks good on my bike. I want to say it holds just south of a gallon of fuel. And 2 or 4 stroke you can go all day on that.