Super Titan Here Now!!

GoldenMotor.com

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Thanks Dax for a comparison of the Super titan to a Chinese 2 stroke,
I am still waiting for a comparison of a Super Titan to the $40 cheaper regular Titan.....

Proof is in the pudding. Here is a report from Ron. He already had a friction drive kit he bought from someone else and only wanted to up grade his engine. So.. He bought a super Titan engine only and swaped it into his setup. Here is his report..

Hi ....
Thanks for getting me the new muffler to replace the shipping damaged one. I got the new bike assembled and motorized yesterday. The performance of the Super Titan is AWESOME. It outperforms the 2 stroke 69 ccs (skyhawks and several other no-name brands) I've used for several years (using larger 48 tooth sprockets). I'm astonished how much power this motor has.

It accelerates uphills, the torque is very strong, super quiet and VERY smooth running. I'm still breaking it in....so have yet to run it hard. It cruises at 20-24 with no effort using the larger roller.

I'll be ordering a couple more of these engines soon. Both my wife and son want to scrap their 69cc 2 strokes for this engine!

I made one mistake when getting the bike set up for initial testing. I had the throttle cable too tight and when I went to push the drive roller system down onto the wheel it reved. Before I could lift it off and or hit the kill button ... ended up with zero miles on a 30 dollar, kevlar re-inforced tire...LOL. The power is impressive and could double as a wood router..LOL!

Back to me now: It Sounds like he had a little trouble with a throttle cable. O yea.. And FEDEX slammed the box and crunched the muffler. Had to send him a new one. anyway...If you want to contact this guy, let me know, I will ask him if it is ok to forward his contact info to you. PM me if you want to know. Titan and Super Titan are Top Shelf engines. Let there be no mistake about it. Titan and Super Titan are the best factory 50cc verticle 4 stroke engines with clutch pack available at any price. And I have been dealing in enignes like these since the 1970's. DAX.. Engineering that just makes cents !!! Enjoy the ride..

thatsdax

Feb 22, 2008
www.thatsdax.com
Don.. Everyone in this forum both members and vendors are qualified to be here and I have all kinds of competitors in this forum. All are qualified and none sell snake oil. You should retract your comment referring to snake oil. It is OK to say you will not buy. But unqualified name calling or name association with snake oil is not in character with this forum. Thank you..

Last edited:

Techbiker

Oct 27, 2009
DFW, Texas
Don.. Everyone in this forum both members and vendors are qualified to be here and I have all kinds of competitors in this forum. All are qualified and none sell snake oil. You should retract your comment referring to snake oil. It is OK to say you will not buy. But unqualified name calling or name association with snake oil is not in character with this forum. Thank you..
I will vouch for Duane. He knows what he is doing and he will not tell you something unless he knows that it is true. He has also gone to great lengths to solve all of the problems and questions that I had regarding the GT50R that I purchased from him.

thatsdax

Feb 22, 2008
www.thatsdax.com
as a General rule... The Fun Times , Good times, Happy times in Frame 2 strokes make around 2hp or so.... It matters not the displacement. The larger displacement of these will make more torque, but around the same hp. Actually.. I think the lower displacenment of these the 50cc makes more HP. You can clean up the intake and exhaust ports and pipe it and maybe bump it up to 2.25 or 2.5. Doing so will only decrease the life of those motors since they are detuned and low on power in exchange for a longer life. Getting more power from these inexpensive and very fun 2 strokes will only cause these motors to beat themselves up and live a shorter life. Typically. Some factory's have even doubled up on the base gaskets in order to lower compression in exchange for a longer life. There are exceptions, but as a general rule, this is the case for these type of 2 stroke motors. The better 2 stroke motors cost a lot more... As for the 4 strokes, Both Honda and HS Titan etc, the 4 strokes in the 50cc area have typical HP ratings of 2.25 to 3.5 1.5kw - 2.5 kw rating. or so. There are reasons for this as well. Typical for these engines their applications are Small generators, Power Washers, Trash pumps etc and they are governed motors typical governed rpm for these 4 strokes is 3600 rpm. This is the ideal and they can do this 24x7. These motors will come with a 1 year warranty, but.. As soon as you remove the governor, all bets are off. Honda will not warranty their motors if the governor is removed. When I worked for Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki , Onan, Kohler Ect. I was in charge of Factory warranty work and that was the case then. again. Typical HP rating is 2.25 to 3.5 hp for these range of motors. The Super Titan will be in the upper range of these hp Ratings. Around 3hp. The main improvement with the Super is not so much the hp as it is the torque curve is higher. The HP rating is only slightly higher than the Honda or the Standard Titan but what you can really feel is the torque. Enjoy the ride... :)

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
Hi all
I do know Duane, I all so know Duane's character he is not one of those vendors to BS any one. I trust Duane as a vendor and if he tells me the the engine we are talking about is a higher performance than the standard 50cc 4-stroke I believe him. It is not in Duane's character to tell customers BS stories to make a sale I know him as one of the nicest guys and also one of the most helpful. Just my 2 cents worth and I will be getting a super titan as soon as I can afford one Keep up the good work Duane
Cheers
Terry

Smoothe

Sep 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
I have a Super Titan that I just bought from Duane a couple of weeks ago. I still don't have it mounted because of my workaholism, but I should have it up & running within a couple of weeks.

Duane is a good guy and his service is top notch. He's been here for a long time and has been in business for decades.

locutus_1

Oct 31, 2010
california
maybe someone should make a video of a super titan and a regular huesang or honda and do take offs from standing still to all out 1/4 mile etc.. so we can see the diffrence

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
maybe someone should make a video of a super titan and a regular huesang or honda and do take offs from standing still to all out 1/4 mile etc.. so we can see the diffrence
There actually was one Super Titan at the last Willow Springs Race.
It was on my pal strotters Staton friction drive.

At the next SoCal Motor Bicycle Racing event at Grange we will be doing
some 1/8 mile drags down the 950' straight so there is a good chance we
will be lining all those makes up and seeing how it shakes out.

You are in California so you can come watch or even run your own Huasheng.
I will be there with at least one Honda 50 GXH and there is a 50 cc 4 stroke class.

strotter

Aug 7, 2008
Just jumped into this discussion.

I have a subaru35 on a staton axle mount, a honda 50 on a staton friction (with a Dax carb) and a super Titan on a bmp friction drive.

My $.02 The Titan is a good engine, but the Honda is great. I know the Titan is half the price. I'm not saying the Honda is twice as good, however I whole heartily recommend
The Honda. I have built two more bikes (for friends) with Hondas.
As far as power and torque, it is hard to give exact results. All the bikes I have and have built are different. Doing a drag race isn't really a fair comparison. I have tried the Honda then the super Titan on the same bike with the same drive system and the honda fells about 10-15% more powerful.
The Honda has a over all "great" feel.
The Titan has a "good" feel.