Super Titan Here Now!!

GoldenMotor.com

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
What does the manufacturer do to the Super to make it super?

Better carb?
Porting?
Is it still the same displacement?
The Super Titan "Titan Supers" are in. These are a souped up Version of the TITAN XC50. These Factory Souped up Titans make 1/2 hp more than standard Titan and also come with 1 year Warranty. The Standard Titans are great and have acquired a Name and excellent reputation world wide. I expect the Super Titan XC50S will do the same. I am not completely sure what the factory has done to make them so powerful and I could only guess since I have not had one apart. They are telling me that Stroke and bore have been altered as well as compression. All these changes add up to more Power !!!
Exactly what changes have been made that makes 1/2 HP more?

It looks like the same carb and exhaust. Is that correct?

What is the compression ratio on the standard and the super Titan?

IF the Stroke and bore have been altered does the super Titan use a different piston?
Or does it use a different connecting rod?

Does the Super Titan use a different cam?

Are the pistons and connecting rods available as spare parts IF they are different?
Is the Super Titan still 49.4 cc?

Please tell us what changes have been made to produce that extra half HP on a 2 HP motor,
maybe it is time to pull one apart and find out seeing that it is $40 more.
thanks

PS: The Honda GXH 50 claims 2.1 HP

Last edited:

thatsdax

Feb 22, 2008
www.thatsdax.com
The Honda and Titan Standard are rated at 1.8kw 2.5ps. honda gxh50, gxh50k1, 2.5hp (50cc) engine specifications . That is the same as 2.5hp at 7000rpm they are posting. If you do the math, you get 2.41hp. So.. I am not sure what is going on there.. For increased reliability, Addtional oiling grooves have been added in critical areas as well. These engines are so reliable , I have not had to take one apart yet to see all the internal differences there are. Displacement Spec is the same. In a drag race, the Super Titan will run away from the Honda GXH50. Enjoy the ride...

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Honda Engines - Small Engine Models, Manuals, Parts, & Resources

Engine Type Air-cooled 4-stroke OHV
Bore x Stroke 41.8 X 36 mm
Displacement 49.4 cm3
Net Power Output* 2.1 HP (1.6 kW) @ 7,000 rpm
Net Torque 2.0 lb-ft (2.7 Nm) @ 4,500 rpm
PTO Shaft Rotation Counterclockwise (from PTO shaft side)
Compression Ratio 8.0:1
The Honda and Titan Standard are rated at 1.8kw 2.5ps. honda gxh50, gxh50k1, 2.5hp (50cc) engine specifications . That is the same as 2.5hp at 7000rpm they are posting. If you do the math, you get 2.41hp. So.. I am not sure what is going on there.. For increased reliability, Addtional oiling grooves have been added in critical areas as well. These engines are so reliable , I have not had to take one apart yet to see all the internal differences there are. Displacement Spec is the same. In a drag race, the Super Titan will run away from the Honda GXH50. Enjoy the ride...
You did not answer any of the questions about the Super Titans engine specs?

What changes were made to make half HP more than the regular Titan?
thanks

thatsdax

Feb 22, 2008
www.thatsdax.com
When I get a chance, I will procure and then post more detailed specs.. I can tell you this.. the Super Titan XC50S will run away from the GXH50 .. It says.. Bye bye ...... Enjoy the ride..

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
When I get a chance, I will procure and then post more detailed specs.. I can tell you this.. the Super Titan XC50S will run away from the GXH50 .. It says.. Bye bye ...... Enjoy the ride..
The question was not about the Honda GXH50

The exact question was what changes were made to the super titan that
makes 1/2 more HP than the regular titan.

If you want customers to pay $40 more then I think most will want to
know exactly what they are getting for their money.
thanx

Last edited:

thatsdax

Feb 22, 2008
www.thatsdax.com
Hi skyl4rk ,

Porting is better and compression is bumped up. Also has additional oiling grooves. I can tell you this.. It will out run HONDA GXH50. Super Titan is Super !!! Enjoy the ride..

Last edited:

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Hi skyl4rk ,

Porting is better and compression is bumped up. Also has additional oiling grooves. I can tell you this.. It will out run HONDA GXH50. Super Titan is Super !!! Enjoy the ride..
So you are saying that higher compression and better porting enable your
Super Titan to make 1/2 HP more than the $40 cheaper Titan?

A: What is the compression ratio of the regular Titan?

B: What is the compression ratio of the Super Titan?

C: How was the compression raised and by how much?

Does this mean that the super Titan has a different piston?
One with a higher dome?
If so is this piston available as a replacement?

As for the porting I am having trouble believing that the Chinese
Titan / Huasheng Company managed to improve on the porting
copied from and developed by Honda. I have talked to several 4
stroke experts and shown some the porting on my Huasheng and
they say that there is very little room to improve flow.

Do you have pics of the improved intake and exhaust ports?

Both of the Titans use the same carb and rather restrictive box muffler.
The only easy way that I can see to increase HP is a free flowing exhaust.

you keep saying that the Super Titan will out run a Honda GXH50......what
I want to know is will it outrun a cheaper regular Titan?

Are there any Super Titan owners out there that want to chime in?
Thanks

thatsdax

Feb 22, 2008
www.thatsdax.com
I do not have any more specs or Details to offer other than those specs posted on my website.
4 stroke ohv
1cyl
48.8cc
3hp
2.75 Nm torque
Max RPM 7500
Air Cooled
CDI ignition
length 274mm
Width 226mm
Height 354mm
Weight 12 lbs

If these specs do not suffice, you can always call me at 303-459-2780. That is.. If you are serious. Call me Scott.. That way we can... Talk..... And with VOIP and other mediums of propagation, the talk will be as you put it.. Cheap.. lol

Last edited:

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Maybe it's time to pull a Super Titan apart to see what the differences are?

It would take just a few minutes to take the carb and exhaust off to take
a few pics to show the improved porting.
The square intake port is very different, how has this been modified?

Why don't you measure the compression ratio's?

Where and how was the HP measured on the Titan's?

1/2 HP is a significant gain on a ~2 HP motor and would be well worth $40 more to me.

I want to upgrade my 1.6 HP Robin Subaru 35 cc to the most powerful 50 cc 4 stroke
that I can get for my friction drive.
Thanks for your answers

I do not have any more specs or Details to offer other than those specs posted on my website.
4 stroke ohv
1cyl
48.8cc
3hp
2.75 Nm torque
Max RPM 7500
Air Cooled
CDI ignition
length 274mm
Width 226mm
Height 354mm
Weight 12 lbs

If these specs do not suffice, you can always call me at 303-459-2780. That is.. If you are serious. Call me Scott.. That way we can... Talk..... And with VOIP and other mediums of propagation, the talk will be as you put it.. Cheap.. lol

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
4 stroke ohv
1cyl
48.8cc
3hp
2.75 Nm torque
Max RPM 7500
Air Cooled
CDI ignition
length 274mm
Width 226mm
Height 354mm
Weight 12 lbs

I am seriously curious as to these claims....that is all. I have a source for not so Super Titan's, so I'll spare you the expense of cheap talk until I see what these super engines do with my own two eyes, but thanks just the same.

thatsdax

Feb 22, 2008
www.thatsdax.com
Proof is in the pudding. Here is a report from Ron. He already had a friction drive kit he bought from someone else and only wanted to up grade his engine. So.. He bought a super Titan engine only and swaped it into his setup. Here is his report..

Hi ....
Thanks for getting me the new muffler to replace the shipping damaged one. I got the new bike assembled and motorized yesterday. The performance of the Super Titan is AWESOME. It outperforms the 2 stroke 69 ccs (skyhawks and several other no-name brands) I've used for several years (using larger 48 tooth sprockets). I'm astonished how much power this motor has.

It accelerates uphills, the torque is very strong, super quiet and VERY smooth running. I'm still breaking it in....so have yet to run it hard. It cruises at 20-24 with no effort using the larger roller.

I'll be ordering a couple more of these engines soon. Both my wife and son want to scrap their 69cc 2 strokes for this engine!

I made one mistake when getting the bike set up for initial testing. I had the throttle cable too tight and when I went to push the drive roller system down onto the wheel it reved. Before I could lift it off and or hit the kill button ... ended up with zero miles on a 30 dollar, kevlar re-inforced tire...LOL. The power is impressive and could double as a wood router..LOL!

Back to me now: It Sounds like he had a little trouble with a throttle cable. O yea.. And FEDEX slammed the box and crunched the muffler. Had to send him a new one. anyway...If you want to contact this guy, let me know, I will ask him if it is ok to forward his contact info to you. PM me if you want to know. Titan and Super Titan are Top Shelf engines. Let there be no mistake about it. Titan and Super Titan are the best factory 50cc verticle 4 stroke engines with clutch pack available at any price. And I have been dealing in enignes like these since the 1970's. DAX.. Engineering that just makes cents !!! Enjoy the ride..

Last edited:

rohmell

Jun 2, 2010
New York
I want to upgrade my 1.6 HP Robin Subaru 35 cc to the most powerful 50 cc 4 stroke
that I can get for my friction drive.
Thanks for your answers
Hi BiMoPed,
If you ever do decide to get rid of your 1.6 HP Robin Subaru 35 cc engine, keep me in mind, I would like to buy it from you.