Hello from Ohio

GoldenMotor.com

TinMan

Jul 23, 2008
Cleveland Ohio area
Hi all, Well I'm fairly new to this whole motorbike thing. I am one who goes all in when i decide to do something. Yep you guessed it, I'm all in now. I ordered my PAV3 trike last week and am ordering a kit from stson-inc very soon. Figured this would be the fastest way for my to ride.

I also have a winter project already in the planning mode. I plan on building my own version of a motorized Rhodes car. Having a small fab shop of my own this should a blast to make.

So I just wanna say I'm glad to be here and hope to make some good friends.

bamabikeguy

Jun 28, 2008
Holly Pond, AL
picasaweb.google.com
Hi all, Well I'm fairly new to this whole motorbike thing. I am one who goes all in when i decide to do something. Yep you guessed it, I'm all in now. I ordered my PAV3 trike last week and am ordering a kit from stson-inc very soon. Figured this would be the fastest way for my to ride.
friends.
Hi TM,

I helped some guys last year building 2 of those Staton builds...be ready with a selection of wrenches, iirc there was a need for a 1" or 1 1/4" somewhere on that back axle (it's all documented with pix at the other forum, in the rackmount section).

Two small jacks for that back axle (or one jack and blocks), and either a grinder or drimel for chain sizing are also needed.

Did you order the basket for the back of the PAV? Because that is where the plastic gas tank goes...

Last piece of advise is buy one or two of those $5 little orange pennant flags (because you are so low to the ground) and a good mirro-cycle mirror. Then you are ready right off the bat when you take your test ride, because I guarantee when you get it running you'll suddenly be 10 miles from home, might as well be visible and safe, until the neighbors get used to seeing you on the streets.

You didn't ask for advise on the engine, but I like the R/Subaru over the Honda, it purrs in the 20-25 mph range, and has a smaller profile.

TinMan

Jul 23, 2008
Cleveland Ohio area
Hey bama. Yes I've seen the post of the build using the jack stands. I Been lurking around that other site for over a month but ......well nuff said on that. nice job BTW. I should have most of the tools. I know I have up to 1 11/4" wrenches cause i used them replacing my bronco suspension. That was my last project lol. As far as the engine Im planning on using the hona gxh50. Im waiting on dave staton to get back with me. I talked to him 2 weeks ago and they were making a kit with it to fit the pav3.

Thanks for the advice and if I have any problems now I know who to ask.

bamabikeguy

Jun 28, 2008
Holly Pond, AL
picasaweb.google.com
Well, if you saw that post, the only instructions they send are a side view and rear view, "it's supposed to look like this before you crank it".

It was easier for us, having two side by side, but when you build it, take a few pix as you go along, and post a thread, so others can cut the install time/headaches in half and start enjoying the ride right away.

Because you'll like the handling of that PAV, people balk at the price, but I won't even talk about trikes anymore unless they get that lower to the ground balance.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Welcome to the international motorized bicycle web site from another from Ahia. (Richmond Twp., Ashtabula county)

eDJ

Jul 8, 2008
Wayne National Forest
Welcome TinMan I'm down here almost straight below you on the other side of the state. Gallipolis, Oh "The Old French City". (I live out in the Wayne National Forest area away from the town though)

Since you have all the nice tools it'll be interesting to see what ya come up with. I try to do the best lookin work I can with what I got, but it still seems to me to look beaten to fit and painted to match. There's just nothing like a well equipped shop to work in.

So, all the best luck with it !

Big Joe

Jan 6, 2008
Decatur Al
Welcome Tin Man

I have a PAV3 that I have been thinking about adding a "motor assist".
They are very good trikes. Keep us posted.