Hello from Amelia Island

GoldenMotor.com

Drdoesit

Oct 22, 2009
NE FL
I posted my hello in the wrong forum. My bad. Anyway hello to all and thanks for some great info and cooperation.

Jack

Blakenstein

Sep 15, 2009
Alta. Canada.
Wellcome to the forum,there is lots of help here. I live in Canada -not democracy or commie; -don't really know what;they just make it up as we all go along here.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Hello Jack, Welcome to the forum we are glad you joined us.

Don't worry about posting in the wrong place, we are not that kind of forum. We may move your post if we need to so go ahead and post where you want. Hope you enjoy the forum as much as we do.

So do have motorized bicycle? Looking to build/buy one? We are all motorized bicycle crazy here and would love to hear all about it.

dnut

Drdoesit

Oct 22, 2009
NE FL
Yes I built one already. Used department store beach cruiser w/ plain 2cycle Chinese kit. Have put quite a few miles on it and had a few minor glitches along the way. I got a lot of good ideas from this board already too.
What are you guys using for a speedometer? I ordered a Tiny Tach to get a baseline for tuning. I want to know what max rpm's I'm getting now before tweaking it too much. I would like to know the total miles I am riding as well as the speed.

floridaboy

Apr 25, 2009
Hudson, FL.
I have tryed several comp. speedos only to have them fell. Now i am useing a GPS and a Ram mount that i got from Amazon. The GPS also came from there and was less then $100.00 You can program what you want like speed, top speed, trip information. A good thing is you will find other uses for the GPS.

Ghost0

Mar 7, 2008
Bellingham, WA
Welcome!
I just use a cheepo Bell or Schwinn brand speedo but I recommend replacing your plug wire as the EMI from the ignition can cause your speedo to reset.

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Welcome - don't sweat it, we're all a lil lost 'round these parts :p

BTW - I use the Garmin Geko GPS on my bike (already owned one anyway lol). If yer into this enough that you'd buy the Tiny Tach (awesome instrument), you just might dig what this inexpensive lil GPS will do for ya.

They can be had far cheaper than this, but here's a link to the specs;
https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?pID=220#specsTab

Drdoesit

Oct 22, 2009
NE FL
Thanks guys. I found a electronic speedo on dealextreme.com for $4.44 with free shipping. Not sure how it will work but I ordered 2 of them. Looks similar to the name brand ones I have seen. Does anybody remember the ones we used to use that was just a plastice dial with an air hole in the back facing forward that would register your speed. Been way over 40 years since I played with bicycles and it's amazing some of the stuff I'm seeing on these boards. I'm going to build a surface plate and do a scratch build or two.

Here's a link to the speedo if anyone is interested

DealExtreme: $4.44 Electronic Bicycle Speedometer

Jack