new guy

GoldenMotor.com

bluesmanmike

May 26, 2008
In the Midwest.
Hello folks,I am fed up with the gas prices and am ready to build a small motorized bike out of my old 26 inch bike for starters to go to and from work. Aprox. 5 miles each way. I see a good price ( I think) from Kings motor bikes for $199.99 kit. 80cc. What do all you folks think?

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Welcome to the forum...any kit you buy will get you where you want to go...I have got three from thatsdax.com and have had no problems, great service. He's only a phone call away.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I bought mine on ebay for the lowest possible price and even the ones on there now which have gone up are about 180 including shipping. Anything above that I would go with Dax since everyone says his after the sale service is good.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Welcome to the forum mike, glad you could join us:D I'm using a King's on my current ride and have had no problem's. Many guy's here love the service they get from ThatsDax. I believe my next build will come from him he seems like a great guy. And not only that, he is a member of this forum. Click on the green bike on the left it will take you to ThatsDax.com

nogoodnic

Jan 29, 2008
Shelby MI
forum1.freakbikenation.com
Welcome to the group Mike. Kings has been around for awhile and has a good rep for the so called 80s. Dax is a great guy around here, I've not bought from him but hear alot of good from everyone that has. I have gotten several engines from Simpson Motor Bike and have had no complaints and awsome customer service. Enjoy the ride...Kelly:ride2:

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
welcome to the forum and i look forward to hearing about your build as you get going. a motorized bicycle is absolutely awesome for commuting back and forth to work or just for errands or messing around. you will be surprised how addicted you will get to it. glad to have you with us

Ilikeabikea

Jan 27, 2008
Ptown, Texas
Welcome to the forum. Lots of motorized bicycle enthusiasts here. The only downside to building one is that after you get it done and working good. You'll want to build another. It's very addictive.....................:D