Clutch Shaft Movement

GoldenMotor.com

cowboy1948

Nov 1, 2014
SIMI VALLEY CA.
looking for some help here. did a search did not find any info on this. installed my engine. everything connected properly. removed clutch cover and small drive gear to install auto clutch. and I figured while I had this apart and no chain connected I would start it up it see how it runs. I had already installed a pull start. started it and it run great. just took slack out of throttle cables. and it was perfect. went to install auto clutch. went to put on the first clutch cover and it would not go on all the way over the clutch. surfaces were to far apart. looked around, found the clutch and drive sprocket shaft moved about 1/8'' back and fourth. so anyone. what 's the fix for this? any help. message me if you want to respond that way. thanks. looking for help.

:-||

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
that was for manual clutch & pics have disappeared now - I've no experience with cent. clutch as OP is asking about - they require reg & license in CA, so in 6 or 8 years of repairing I've just seen one & it only needed ign work

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
He said the shaft was moving in and out, that's why I posted the link. I thought the pictures would help him to learn what's involved in a clutch on a standard engine.

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
maybe you have the anims in your cache because all I get are 'photo not found' placeholders

checking page further shows 'James Swarthout's library is empty'

anyway, the problem with that clutch sounds like the added parts are loose on the shaft rather than the standard clutch failing

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
I believe the animation no longer works. The OP has removed the animation from Photobucket so all we have on our forum are the photos that was posted of the animation.

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
There are I think 5 pictures so maybe they will help someone if not the OP, I found that thread when I first started building bikes and it helped me. I download all the pictures so I would have them as reference.

cowboy1948

Nov 1, 2014
SIMI VALLEY CA.
the pics are veryv helpful. I am going to tare it down and take a look inside.
it just seems strange. one min. no movement all was fine. next it's moving back and forth. thanks for the guys. ride safe. but hard.:-||

I never got email notifications when you all posted. and I know I had it marked..flg.