removing clutch after removing flower nut

GoldenMotor.com

sergman89

Jul 7, 2012
SC
Hey guys, I have an older eBay motorized bike with under 75 miles on it.

The problem is the nut won't come off to use the extractor. I got the first metal plate off the clutch. Now every time I move the nut in the center it moves the metal under the clutch pads instead of loosening the bolt.

I tried put a scree driver wedged between the 3 metal pillars that keep the space inside the clutch... but it just did the same thing as if I Ratcheted the bolt in the center.
I will include a pic. But I assume if you can help you know what I mean.

Thankfully Matt with www.bicyclemotorworks.com was kind enough to hear my engine woes and gave me a free extractor tool with a small purchase, and an engine case for only $10. So I want to give him that credit as I ask for help, since he is one of the very few people on the East Coast in this business and actually ships asap almost right away for a lot of things

I don't get anything from mentioning him or the company, however I would want to know about him.

sergman89

Jul 7, 2012
SC
Anyone know what to do? I put the pliers rubber handle in the sprocket on the other side then I tried using the spark plug remover tool the kit came with and it snapped the screwdriver I was using to keep the sprocket from moving.

sergman89

Jul 7, 2012
SC
I don't need the case so if my only option is to Sawzall the bolt down I will. I'd rather not though so I can have the extra little pieces

Kioshk

Oct 21, 2012
Connecticut
If you can remove the 10T-sprocket (the one that your pliers broke on), you can hammer the shaft out towards the clutch. This will also pop out the clutch's sealed bearing. Once out, use a vice to hold the shaft still while you unscrew the nut. BTW: don't hammer the shaft directly (it'll damage the threads), use wood or the extraction-tool as a buffer.

sergman89

Jul 7, 2012
SC
Should I hammer at the bolt on the 10 tooth sprocket? I posted a pic below with a pic. I put an X over the bolt as well

Kioshk

Oct 21, 2012
Connecticut
Try Maniac's solution first.

As for your picture: Yes, that's not a bolt though, it's a shaft and extends to the clutch-side. Of course you'll need to remove its nut, washer, sprocket, and woodruff-key FIRST!

sergman89

Jul 7, 2012
SC
Ok so niether one worked. I had to use an air tool from family.

now I'm down to using the puller tool and of course that's not as easy as the videos I am watching.

I put the larger piece on the 10tooth sprocket and then once it's all the way down as far as it will go I put the small screw in. ... now to my understanding the smaller tool is supposed to pull the bolt out.

Once start screwing the smaller bolt in it just stops and spins the whole sprocket.

sergman89

Jul 7, 2012
SC
Nevermind guys! !! I was being a puss about possibly breaking the tool and all.

So I have to use a ratchet end to clog the sprocket and the crank the **** out of the puller. I even stripped the bolts head as I slipped a few times forcing it to tighten into the big bolt.

I nearly smashed the engine on the concrete until the sprocket just popped of