clutch Problens :(

GoldenMotor.com

joey1320

Jul 15, 2014
Cleveland
Sorry for the double post but I noticed the clutch thread is from last year.

Okay everyone I have a situation with my clutch. I just installed the engine kit and I'm trying to get it started, looking at the installation video and the clutch adjustment video from BikeBerry, it shows that my pressure plate pins/assembly should spin freely with the clutch engaged - meaning the cable adjusted and the handle pulled and locked.

Unfortunate ly mine doesn't spin freely at all. I cant get any type of free rotations from this assembly. What am I doing wrong? What can I adjust, relase, switch or anything else I could had missed?? Any help is extremely appreciated.

This is the part that doesn't spin freely with or without thw clutch arm/handle pulled.

I even loosened the silver nut, just to see if it made a difference and it doesn't.

Kioshk

Oct 21, 2012
Connecticut
When you attempt to turn the pins, is the bike (specifically...the rear-wheel) on the ground? Those pins are attached to the same shaft your drive-sprocket's on, the WHEEL and those pins should spin freely when the clutch-plate's removed.

PS: make sure you re-tighten that nut.

joey1320

Jul 15, 2014
Cleveland
Oops I keep thinking this is a normal clutch/trans type of deal and forgot about the wheel. Thanks!!!
I did get it adjusted properly and even ran the bike for a few. I'll keep tinkering with it to get it set right.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Joey,
You might want to remove that small spring on your clutch cable. They still come in the kits but we've found they serve no purpose except to make the clutch lever harder to pull. The bigger spring is a heat shield but the small one needs to go in the trash or junk box.

Just to clarify for you; Clutch engaged = handlebar lever not squeezed.
Disengaged = handlebar lever squeezed.

Tom

Ronzworld

Feb 21, 2014
Regina,Saskatchewan
Your welcome Joey ... enjoy your motorized bicycle !! Any questions or problems feel free ta ask ... sometimes the simplest problems can be the hardest ta diagnose ...

joey1320

Jul 15, 2014
Cleveland
Joey,
You might want to remove that small spring on your clutch cable. They still come in the kits but we've found they serve no purpose except to make the clutch lever harder to pull. The bigger spring is a heat shield but the small one needs to go in the trash or junk box.

Just to clarify for you; Clutch engaged = handlebar lever not squeezed.
Disengaged = handlebar lever squeezed.

Tom
Tom, thank you for the info on the cable spring, I'll remove it tomorrow. And yes, clutch engaged meaning handle released and clutch making contact with the "pressure plate". Had a brain fart yesterday ;)