my first 2 stroke bike

GoldenMotor.com

lucajo16

Dec 12, 2013
cincinnati, ohio
hello everyone I am sorta new to the world of motorbicycling and have decided on a 2 stroke 80/60 cc kit from bikeberry.com Its a mega motors kit and atm I haven't put it on. (( I am getting caliper brakes put on and I am buying more tools for my kit and my bike sense a shop wont put on a gas kit here in ohio ))

My plans for my kit are as follows

1. go back and fourth to work (( less then 3 miles its mainly for a hill here that I hate ))

2. get around the Cincinnati area. (( its a large town but the stuff I enjoy and the stuff I have yet to enjoy is to far apart ))

3. To be somewhat free from the local metro

I read the closed post by bike guy joe and understand that this type of kit can be unpredictable but I believe that when I bought my kit that I made a good choice....if I didn't that's ok because I will enjoy it till it dies and then go from there.

If anyone has any words of wisdom to pass onto me I would appreciate it greatly. anyways happy riding everyone! r.ly.

bluegoatwoods

Jul 29, 2012
Central Illinois
Sure, there are those who look down on these two stroke, inexpensive engines. And it's true that they're not particularly high quality.

But many of us just love 'em to death. I say that when you consider total bang-for-the-buck, they're a bargain.

Maybe the best advice I can give the beginner is to make sure that your engine and both chains stay exactly where you put them. If your motor mount, for instance, doesn't fit your bike's tube perfectly, then fabricate something. Don't put it together as well as you can and hope that it'll be good enough. It won't. Make sure those chains don't slacken up on you.

This is probably the biggest cause of trouble for the newbie.

I'd also advise riding your bike a bit on the slow side. Me? I average about 12 mph. That's fast enough to eat up the miles. But if, say, a wheel bearing starts to seize up, then it's slow enough that I'll probably land on my feet. And that's important.

If you think that you've got a motorcycle on-the-cheap you're making a mistake. If you feel that you've got a "putt-putt", then you're on the right track.

Have fun and good luck.

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Buy a rose326 kit, assemble it carefully and MAKE SURE the chain tensioner is secure and cannot move AT ALL.
Take your time installing the ragjoint sprocket and get it perfectly centered and true.
Use some type of rubber or similar underneath the gas tank and don't overtighten the studs holding it on.
Use good quality TWO STROKE oil. I run 40:1 from day one but others prefer 32:1. DON'T run 16:1 like the "instruction booklet" says.
Check EVERY nut & bolt EVERY ride the first week, twice a week the second, once a month after it's all settled and fully broken-in (Usually about 3-4 full tanks of fuel) By check I don't mean crank everything another turn! Just check! Only tighten if needed.
Especially head bolts after the first few heat cycles as you break it in.
The single most important thing in china girl kit reliability is HOW YOU RIDE IT. The second is how you take care of it.
It's not a small, lightweight motorcycle. It's a bicycle. Ride it like a bicycle.
Don't scream the engine's guts out with constant full throttle blasting. Find your sweet spot and cruise it like a swan boat rather than a supermoto racebike.
I sold a bone stock china girl build on a POS NEXT low end mountain bike with over 10k miles on it so they can be VERY reliable. The buyer is still riding it today.
I have yet to get stranded by problems (except for flats) but not everyone understands how to ride these engines. Get a 36 tooth rear sprocket if your hill will allow it. You'll get reduced vibration at your cruising speed from lower rpm as well as slightly better top end speed. Just don't use the top speed constantly.
If it runs longer than 30 minutes, there's no reason it won't run 10k miles like mine did if you treat it like what it is.
Listen to her and keep her in her happy place and a china girl can love you long time.

Last edited:

AssembleThis

May 11, 2014
NC United States
Hi! I also bought my engine kit from BikeBerry. After 2 tanks of gas I had 3 failures. I contacted BikeBerry to get a warranty replacement after the first failure. What I found out is that they warranty the engine but you have to remove the failed parts, send to them and they then decide if it's a warranty claim. Then they send the new part to you. Problem is this type of warranty could take a month or more.I don't know about anyone else but I love my MB and having it down for a month waiting on BikeBerry is not an option. So what I did was buy a second engine kit from a different supplier. Same exact engine but 70 dollars less. I also bought 2 magnetos, 2 chains and assorted items. This way if I have another failure I can repair my MB right away with very little down time. Do yourself a favor ditch the stock chain get a #41. Also replace the muffler bracket with a real steel band. Consider a better gas tank, the stock tank is paper thin and will fail. I developed a rear tank mod and posted it on my You Tube channel, check it out. My channel is AssembleThis. Hope this helps. Have fun be safe. brnot

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Good luck with your project. If I could offer any suggestion that would blanket building a reliable and successful motorized bicycle it would be to remember that it is a bicycle, not a motorcycle. And that you assembled it, not a factory with a design and engineering staff. Familiarize yourself with every part and aspect of the engine kit as you install it on your bike. Learn what it does and how to maintain or repair/replace it.

Make sure the bike you're installing on is in good condition before you even start the project. Brakes, bearings, steering, etc must be up to the task of motorized operation. Brakes are critical.

Use our search feature if you have questions or concerns or there is always help available if you need specific answers.

Good luck, have fun.

Tom