Silverbear is in the hospital.

GoldenMotor.com

bluegoatwoods

Jul 29, 2012
Central Illinois
I've got a tip for Silverbear and anyone else concerning aspirin, thin blood and bleeding.

Sometimes for me a wound will heal only very slowly under a band-aid. For those I put a cotton ball on the spot. Then I cut away the excess cotton with a scissors.

In about an hour or so it has formed a tough, thick scab. It'll take some abuse and it'll stay there ten days or so. And when it finally breaks away it leaves a nice dry spot that's almost normal skin.

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
I leave all my cuts open as long as possible. The repair system has been around for millions of years working that way, I let it do it's job.

Some people are intolerant of aspirin and salicylates in general. I get a quite badly swollen tongue sometimes. It's important to know there are other blood thinners (not including the potentially lethal warfarin), I'm on Clopidogrel as an example.

azbill

May 18, 2008
Fountain Hills, Arizona
glad to hear you are doing better (^) :)
sorry I am so late in sending good karma (I don't come here as often as I used too)
I am sure that the good vibes (sent from the forum collectively) helped at least a little bit

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Bill, I'm sure that it has helped a lot. One wouldn't think a bunch of gearheads would have such kindness in them, but as we both know, this is a very special forum of fine people... and you sir are one of them.
SB