My Felt MP WWll Militaria

GoldenMotor.com

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
That's amazing. How much would it cost to build one of these. Should I simply buy a hub motor kit with a battery on the 66cc I got?
Whatever you do or buy, ask if the Controller has "Brake Regen" or not. My controller did not have Brake Regen. I had to rip open the controller and do some soldering to activate "Brake Regen". I know.... that sounds crazy to me too. Without Brake Regen I was not able to safely stop with a single hydraulic 203mm disk brake. My ceramic and metallic brake pads were screaming bloody murder and quickly wore out within a months time. My bike, with me on it, simply weighs too much for a single disk brake to handle.

Krealitygroup

Mar 16, 2013
Earth
Wow. That's great! I saw that you're selling it. Why? I do understand fixing the issues one by one. I've been dealing with that on my standard kit. Expeciaply with the drive chain breaking or getting snagged

Last edited:

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
Wow. That's great! I saw that you're selling it. Why? I do understand fixing the issues one by one. I've been dealing with that on my standard kit. Expeciaply with the drive chain breaking or getting snagged
I'm selling it to fund my next bike that will be using a custom frame built to my specs, able to fit a much larger Honda GC 160 engine and much wider Shinko SR 242 moped tires. It will also have a mono-shock rear swing-arm suspension. A full suspension GC 160 bike with massively wide tires will auto-correct a lot of the issues that arose from the bike I'm selling now. The GC 160 bike will also do away with the super expensive electric half of my current bike. The GC 160 will be mated to a NuVinci N360 CVT hub. It will out perform the setup I have now at half the cost..... if all goes as planned that is.

Electric or Hybrid Prius type bikes are great and a capable of operating on electric only or gas power only for many miles but they cost a fortune to build in comparison. I was mortified when I added up the total of how much my bike cost to build. I have to laugh just to keep from crying. LOL

Herdo

Sep 20, 2013
Glendale Arizona
Wow! I have to say, as someone just getting into this, I am blown away! This is a beautiful bike; truly a piece of art.

How much does it weight?

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
Whatever you do or buy, ask if the Controller has "Brake Regen" or not. My controller did not have Brake Regen. I had to rip open the controller and do some soldering to activate "Brake Regen". I know.... that sounds crazy to me too. Without Brake Regen I was not able to safely stop with a single hydraulic 203mm disk brake. My ceramic and metallic brake pads were screaming bloody murder and quickly wore out within a months time. My bike, with me on it, simply weighs too much for a single disk brake to handle.
This particular bike, as you see it now, cost about $4,000 in parts. You could build a cheaper one of only gas or electric but it gets expensive, real fast, doing both.

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
I really like the spare utilitarian lines. A really good looking bike of which you can be very proud.
Thanks. I gotta get that exhaust wrapped before my left leg goes up in flames. I stopped at light and I smelt what I though was a nearby barbeque going on. Then I looked down at my left pants leg and it was smokin' like a Marlboro. LOL