GRUBEE GT5 Engine not Starting

GoldenMotor.com

Vinoy Thomas

Sep 12, 2012
Brampton,Ontario
Hi everyone,

I recently assembled this kit, but it is not starting.

The engine turns over but does not start. I think I am doing everything right like getting to a good speed before releasing clutch and checking all the valves. Also, I have tested the spark, all seems well. I have checked all wiring too.

I have done my research on why this may be happening, but to no avail.

I just would like you all to help me out on this being, you guys have much better knowledge than me in this stuff.

Please help me through this, I really would like this to work out. I wouldn't want all my work and money to be in vain.

One more thing after I am done trying to get the engine to start, I notice my carburetor has gas on the rim below the primer button. It doesn't seem like that is a problem, I think it is coming from the primer button, but it's only a little bit, I just wanted to put that out there

Thanks, Vinoy
:-|| zpt .bf.

Vinoy Thomas

Sep 12, 2012
Brampton,Ontario
Hi Chris,

I removed the kill switch, still no luck :( Also, please could someone lead me to a thread on motorized bicycle terms.

I don't know many of them.

If anyone has any ideas what is wrong with my engine please help :)

Thanks, Vinoy

Vinoy Thomas

Sep 12, 2012
Brampton,Ontario
Hey guys,

Thanks for all your help, I dissasembled the carburetor; emptied all the gas inside and played with the choke a bit. After I went for a ride and bam the engine starts.

I guess you just have to play with all the parts before you can fix these types of things.

Once again, thanks for all your help.

Just one more thing, after I cut the engine I notice smoke exiting the muffler... Is that normal?

Thanks, Vinoy

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Hey guys,

Thanks for all your help, I dissasembled the carburetor; emptied all the gas inside and played with the choke a bit. After I went for a ride and bam the engine starts.

I guess you just have to play with all the parts before you can fix these types of things.

Once again, thanks for all your help.

Just one more thing, after I cut the engine I notice smoke exiting the muffler... Is that normal?

Thanks, Vinoy
Ah, the mysteries of the orient...me love them long time!