My horrendous experience with BoyGoFast

GoldenMotor.com

crmachineman

May 24, 2012
New Hampshire
I'm going to chime in as well. It really is not Boy Go Fast's fault. When you think about how much they are asking for a complete kit, it's quite amazing that one could get so many parts for so little money. I could imagine the gas tank alone could what we pay for the whole kit. Look at how much one of Sportsman flyer gas tank costs: $300.00, and I consider that to be a very good price. My hat to whomever makes those! The engine manufacturer cut costs so much, they decided to not finish machine the crankshafts after assembly to name one of the problems that you will find with every one of these engines. The result is an inexpensive engine, but it's basically a hand grenade and cannot be considered a reliable engine, unless it is completely reworked. I totally understand one's frustration though; I too had to go through quite a bit of work to figure out the things needed to make a reliable bike.

hackrtanman

May 22, 2012
Vashon Island
Okay, and I now understand that MOST of the engines that are sold come from the same manufacturer. I did not know that. I guess the main thing that I am angry about, which someone has talked about, is the customer service. They double charged me for shipping, and have been avoiding my calls.