Ebay kit add, I just LOL & said WHAT?

GoldenMotor.com

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
I was looking at some kits on ebay and came across this, made me chuckle and some of it made me sit back and say WHAT...? so I just thought I would share it and see what the comments would be, enjoy.

laff

Map

Our Quality Components vs. the Others' Cheap "Parts"

Quality vs. Low Price? You've heard the old adage "You get what you pay for." This is no truer than when it comes to imported motor kits. You will notice that on occasion other sellers will offer "similar" products at a lower price than Live Fast Motors. Though we keep our prices competitive, we will never sacrifice the quality of our products just to make a quick buck. Here are some important points to consider about the quality of motor kit products:

We also offer quality high performance parts that WE CRAFT OURSELVES and that can ONLY be obtained from LIVEFASTMOTORS.

In China, there are people buying up unofficial, cheaply made, and even salvaged or used parts from the US market and then assembling motors without professional experience or training. That is why there are so many motors on the market with such poor quality!
We source our motors directly from the factory. Our motors are assembled by an official licensed manufacturer--professionals trained to do the job correctly with quality parts! Pay a few dollars more and get quality and service!
Beware of international (Non-U.S.) sellers! Their kits are most often much lower quality. We make most of our profit selling parts or second motor kits to people who have made a mistake in buying their first kit from the other guys. Do they guarantee their kits like we do? NO... And good luck getting any of the spare parts you will certainly need from them. LETS KEEP OUR MONEY IN THE USA. International Sellers often send buyers Motor Kits with improper documentation, which results in confiscation by Customs. Its not worth the risk just to save a few bucks.

Disregard Vendors Claiming Japanese Needle Bearings. 2 cycle motors work best with bushings that are easy to replace. Needle bearings fail because 2 cycle lubrication is not very consistent. When the bearings fail the hard broken parts will destroy your motor completely.

There really is a difference when it comes to quality parts. We want to hear from you when you place your first order for a bike kit, rather than after you've made the mistake of buying from some else, but we will be here for you, regardless.

We are the oldest and largest dealer of moped / bicycle motor kits and custom parts in the USA.
We have A++ feedback!
We have highest reputation for quality bicycle motor kits and innovative parts, including a line of custom parts that can only be obtained from us.
Unlike other dealers, we actually care about your project and want you to be successful, and unlike other vendors, when you contact us, you can actually talk to a real person and get straigh-forward answers to your questions. contact us and get answers to your questions. Most vendors don't care about your success... They make a few quick bucks, selling everything from flashlights to boxing gloves... We have been selling motor kits for years, and we have always stocked parts for our kits! (Visit our eBay store to see our complete line of motor kits and parts.)
More than 1/3 of our business comes from satisfied repeat customers and the friends of satisfied customers. There is a reason people keep coming back for each new build!
Converting your bicycle into a motorized bike (call it what you will, a moped, scooter, motorcycle, or chopper) is an enjoyable hobby with a great end-result!

Motorized bikes are very fuel-efficient, getting up to 100+ mpg (some put estimates even higher). This makes driving them both economical and eco-friendly!

We offer the best quality, high-performance motor kits and parts you can buy, including our very own custom specialty parts like our OCC Chopper Package and our Spring-Loaded Chain Tensioner! Don't delay, buy today!

We have easy-to-follow instructions available at: www.livefastmotors.com/instructions

bandito

May 22, 2009
colorado
Yea theres a local builder on craigs who badmouths everybody elses builds and says he's the best, it just makes him look like a fool.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Yep the people that do this are snakes in the grass, looking to get a bite on the unsuspecting.

Why can't people just be honest and offer as good a kits as they can get ahold of, offer a limited warranty if they choose to, give people a good DVD instuctional on every possible aspect of putting the kit on a couple of different recommended bike frame styles, and then point them to a great forum like this one that can be the best customer service tool that they could offer.

Just like you said GearNut ''snake oil salesmen''

Just reading that inflamed add is enough to make me want to tell all and anyone to steer away from doing any business with those people, if they will lie in their advertisment they'll lie about anything else too.

I'll bet if you ordered an engine and pull the jug and the piston you'll find the same needle bearing thats in all of the other engines now also, I can't see anyone in china making a special bushed engine just for them.

map

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
my favorite auto salesman of all time has got to be Joe Isuzu.
they were great commercials.

I think there was a legal court case, a few years back, where some company was called to the bar for the claims they made in their advertising.

They described their ads as 'puffery'. and they won the case brought against them.

...it's a real word! lol
rc