Bad Deal

GoldenMotor.com

CompuTerGuY

Oct 10, 2011
Wa
So Im trying to order new piston rings for my 66cc skyhawk gt5. Im not sure if these will work. I also don't know how to get the piston back up the piston cylinder thing, there has to be a trick. I broke the old one by pinching it to tight during the piston's reentry.

Learn me! LOL

NormO

Jun 15, 2011
New Brunswick,Canada
Tie wraps. use on each ring with a little bit of oil. when the ring is in the cylinder, clip the tie wrap. repeat for the second ring. The other name for them is zip ties. Cops are using them also as handcuffs.

Last edited:

Ghost0

Mar 7, 2008
Bellingham, WA
Also pay attention to the locating pins in the ring grooves of the piston. The break in the rings should seat at this pin. This is the most likely cause of the broken rings.

NormO

Jun 15, 2011
New Brunswick,Canada
I personally don't buy parts for these engines anymore, and haven't in two years, but i'm looking at an advertisement right now for gasbike.net that probably would have the parts your looking for. I normally would have recommended Spooky Tooth for parts, but they were bought by BikeBerry and i don't know what state that company is in. The parts you were thinking of may work i don't really know. I don't believe these engines are all the same. I just suggested an old trick that i've used on many small engines in the past. As it's difficult to use a ring compressor on a small engine.

Last edited:

Pappy

Apr 19, 2009
Anderson, IN.
If you look in the ring groove on the piston you will see a bump, this were the opening in the ring will go so that you can compress the ring, if this is not lined up and you compress the ring, the ring will snap, I learned the hard was too.