Sprocket Adapter by Sportscarpat

GoldenMotor.com

sportscarpat

Bonneville Bomber the Salt Flat record breaker
Jun 25, 2009
california
Needs a grove around the center inside of the adapter to hold 3 piece adapter shim sets in place for different sized hubs,xct2
Now that is a cool idea! Oh wait, then the shim would need a boss. Maybe a shoulder on the adapter bore to locate the shim.

worksmanFL

May 25, 2010
Palm Coast, FL
Hi Pat,

Are we still on track for the production hubs adapters in @ 1 week?

Hopefully, I can coordinate this with my tax refund check,
(while I STILL have some money)!

Hopefully, the Federal Govt will be open, and US Currency will still be worth something!

:)

Last edited:

sportscarpat

Jun 25, 2009
california
I was told I would have everything ready this week and it's friday and nothing has arrived. I am not pushing the machinest and have plenty to keep me busy. I am sure any day now.

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
Now that is a cool idea! Oh wait, then the shim would need a boss. Maybe a shoulder on the adapter bore to locate the shim.
no boss needed
The shims would grip at least as tight as the adapter and the grove would would allow the two outside contacting areas to act as a ti tighter grip(note the design of sincronizer rings in a standard transmission and tire groves on slick surfaces ,smaller/or more concentrated contact surfaces for grip)(somboby already did the math)xct2

Last edited:

worksmanFL

May 25, 2010
Palm Coast, FL
I was told I would have everything ready this week and it's friday and nothing has arrived. I am not pushing the machinest and have plenty to keep me busy. I am sure any day now.
Hi Pat,

Hows it going?

Quick question please?

Do you have the smaller diameter adapter for a multi speed bike? ie 18-24 speeds?

I juuust got a great deal on a great bike. (not sure if its suitable for motorized bicycle riding
A Cannondale Comfort 400 24 speeds i think.

Thanks.

:)

Smoothe

Sep 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
I may switch from my manic mechanic setup to yours. it looks like your adapter doesn't slide into the spokes like mine does.

Let me know when you have one that will fit Micargi.

sportscarpat

Jun 25, 2009
california
The first batch is just for the Shimano 110 hub. I will offer different common sizes next production run. I did just receive the first final production versions today and man talk about heavy duty! Just beefy looking. I will post pictures sometime this weekend. I took the clamp surface from 3/4" up to 7/8". That will offer even more clamping surface area.

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
What do you mean by slide into the spokes?
Is it slipping on the hub as in spinning?
I am wondering about that as well.
I do not have that many miles on my Manic hub adapter yet, and I hope I won't be having such troubles with it....... :eek:

I really do like the 3 piece design of Sportscarpat's adapter though. Just by the design it can really get a good tight squeeze around the hub.

Last edited:

ToxicAz520

Mar 11, 2011
Tucson,Arizona
This hub adapter is the best looking and from an engineering side it is excelent. I have not used the maniac adapter so I can't say any thing bad about it but I really like the way this one looks. Thanks Pat for giving us other options cnt wait to see what comes next.

brnot

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
He must have a loose fit. I wouldn't worry about it. It may have been a
custom sized adapter that wasn't measured right.

If it clamps down good with about a bit of space left it ain't going anywhere.

All Bairdco's bikes use manic mechanic adapters and they are the fastest
2 strokes I have ridden and seen. Baird rides them hard and has a lot of
miles without any problems. GPSed at 54 mph no bs with a 28 tooth sprocket.
Baird's new Death racer has a lot of low end pull and uses a manic adapter.

But IF Sportscarpat wants to send a few adapters to Baird I'm sure he would
be happy to test them out and put his Bairdco Industries seal of approval on
them LOL
I remember when I was 12 years old and weighed 130 pounds. I spent all my time with the bike in the air ramping it and trying to break it. My bikes held up really well considering the big jumps I always took! A test on a China two stroke is Not as good of a test as a Morini.

Sportscarpet's adapters will no doubt hold up perfectly to the Uber aw-inspiring thrust of a Morini and that's good enough for me!(^)

sportscarpat

Jun 25, 2009
california
Bairdco knows how to reach me if he needs an adapter. My latest version is wider and has a bit more reach for sprocket offset. I have not tested it with a Morini engine, but I do know that a Morini needs a 135mm rear hub spacing or the engine needs to be offset to the right. I have yet to see one of my adapters go up against the 9.4 hp Morini, although it is working fine on china two strokes and EZM applications.
SportscarPAT

PedOpt

Apr 2, 2011
St. Paul, MN
Bairdco knows how to reach me if he needs an adapter. My latest version is wider and has a bit more reach for sprocket offset. I have not tested it with a Morini engine, but I do know that a Morini needs a 135mm rear hub spacing or the engine needs to be offset to the right. I have yet to see one of my adapters go up against the 9.4 hp Morini, although it is working fine on china two strokes and EZM applications.
SportscarPAT
What would you charge for your adapter?

flybytaco

Metal Molding Madman
Oct 17, 2009
seekonk MASS
he would need to know the hub dia. pat i'll have a measurement for you this weekend after i go buy a new set of verniers someone at work stole mine i need to get this hub adapted asap. thanks.

sportscarpat

Jun 25, 2009
california
he would need to know the hub dia. pat i'll have a measurement for you this weekend after i go buy a new set of verniers someone at work stole mine i need to get this hub adapted asap. thanks.
Currently I have Shimano 110 adapters and sprocket sizes are 40, 44, and 56t. I can get any size sprocket quickly made and the cost is relative to tooth count. Typically custom sprockets take 3-5 days.