General Interest

Publics Interest

Business Potential

Business Activity ETC.

ride safe

fastfingas

Dec 25, 2011
New Orleans
I'm in new Orleans but My uncle started a pligrimage from the city of Guatemala to another city that is famous for its Cathedral "Esquipulas"and its supossed healing mirecales!!! anyway on a certain date in Jan. he started with a couple of his friends to do the ride on motorcycles and these weren't Harleys ,small bikes 50-100- 250cc bikes that was in 1963 started with 5 riders and ,last year a record 15000 riders from different Latin countries and USA attended!! it's growen !!! The ride takes 6-8hours! my uncle is dead now 15 years so my cousin has taken over !!! you can google it !!!Caravana Del Zorro,,,, apparently my uncles Nickname was ZORRO,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
Motorised bicycles here are mopeds in law, and there are 2 classes. The first is limited to 1kw, 25kph/1.3hp, 16mph. Bike must have pedals and the motor is only an assist. Brakes on both wheels, one headlight, one tail light, no brake light needed. the next step is 48kph/28mph and reuires all the stuff you'd need on a motorcycle, but you don't have to have pedals.

Lightweight quads and trikes can be registered as mopeds if they are restricted to the 28mph, and my understanding is that they are allowed to used any i/c engine up to 4kw. Interesting.

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
The link's not loading here. Is it the vintage/classic looking bike with a modern-ish engine? It would need restricting to be a moped here. As it stands, it's just a motorcycle.

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
That's the one, as it's faster than the 28mph, it's a motorcycle. A stylish little thing though, it would suit low speed urban traffic.

buba

Jul 2, 2010
los angeles
thanks all and sorry for my computer ineptitude????

anyway it just seems what we are able to do in most parts of the good ole usa
just does not work in europe--

oh well i/all should appreciate even more that which we can do --
i guess it accounts for yankee ingenuity or certainly encourages(ed) it