Could I build something like this?

GoldenMotor.com

taddthewadd

Mar 1, 2009
Visalia, California
bike_large4.jpg

I have always wanted to build a replica of a motorcycle like this. Do you think it is possible to build a scaled down simpler version of this with a china girl engine in it? I would want to make it look as close to this as possible.

What do you guys think?

taddthewadd

Mar 1, 2009
Visalia, California
By the way, I don't know how to weld. Otherwise I am very good with my hands. Maybe you guys know of someone who could build a custom frame based off of this motorcycle. I could design it and draft a blueprint for it. Is there someone on this forum that could take on this frame build for me?

perichbrothers

Jan 17, 2010
san diego
It's only money!

Search through the past couple pages of this part of the forum,
look for M-bikes that you like or are similar.
Than PM each builder and see what an estimate would be.

Note that Bairdco's wants $1500 for his 30's colson.
Which is probably going to be the minimum cash outlay.
(for a complete bike)
I would be wary if anyone says they could do it cheaper!

Put me on the list if you decide!

TP in san diego

Last edited:

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
My Rollfast has run up 'bout a healthy $750ish so far, but ya could tack on a LOT more if you choose to fabricate less than I did... like the frame heh (mine's original/unmodded)

2dawgs

Feb 15, 2010
Gilbert, AZ
Bairdco,

Prior to getting my MP Felt, I tried order the frame, tank & Fork; never received a response after several e-mails. Tried to get a phone listing for Halcyon Cycle Works; no luck either. Sad part is I live in the Phoenix Metro area where his company is based.

Maybe he is not selling to the public any longer. If you have any information how to contact him, let me know.