Lets Build a Board Track Racer

GoldenMotor.com

Journeyman

Feb 22, 2010
Long Island
Hello & welcome to my Board Track Racer builds. We cam at this with in 2 diff ways.
One bike is vintage and one bike is new, the reson is I'm very tall and could not fit on a regular
cruiser bike so I purchased a stretched cruiser. The second way is we decided to used the kit gas tanks and build dummy housings for them above the top bar, WHICH ALSO BRINGS you up a bit on the bike. We're planning on riding these so we want to make them practical.

pre-war Schwinn

Nov 15, 2009
Los Angeles 90039
cool I have been bitten by the board track bug as of this writing I picked out some hopefull style.s I want a 1914 type by designing a frame for the four strokes and trans and a propane propellant I can make it a Cvs pharamacy can of gas that is capable of the ball of death he he

Last edited:

pre-war Schwinn

Nov 15, 2009
Los Angeles 90039
Well it is true that there are many curious partys who read the forums I am one. It was a search I tried that pulled up a photo taken fron the LA times men building a board track\
The X games have 300 ft ramps and deth defying jumps and amazing motor bike I built the X games personally and I am a west coast authority on it the killer wood dardevel 2010 with my hands

Last edited:

Journeyman

Feb 22, 2010
Long Island
Re: Tanks taking shape

It's just a dummy shell with the stock kit tank inside. That's why it's so big. We designed them
with our skills and resources in mind. Using the stock bicycle frames. If the frame doesn't
have a drop out on the bottom then you can't put the tank below the top bar.

Last edited:

Journeyman

Feb 22, 2010
Long Island
Re: Paint

Yeah, well those are the trade offs, It's not any bigger than the Excelsior Tanks...
at least we will be able to ride them comfortably. I'm 6.4" so we had to modify. The original Board Trackers were very short guys, like Jockey size. If you notice there are very few Board track replicas with people on them cuz they are to small to ride for an average man.

Journeyman

Feb 22, 2010
Long Island
Re: Tanks taking shape

Because we aren't droping the down frame so there isn't enough room
for a tank and a motor. We are using stock cruiser frames. The people building custom Board Track Racers are dropping the down tube of the bike that lets the motor sit lower in the frame allowing room for the tank under the top tube.

Journeyman

Feb 22, 2010
Long Island
Re: Paint

Thos are just dummy covers that house the stock kit tank which is mounted on the top bar. Which also allows for the storage of wires and coil.