Helping Dogs

GoldenMotor.com

Michigan Mike

Dec 9, 2008
Michigan
Beautiful Dog Elmo, I volunteer for a local non-profit animal shelter (I wont post the site because they ask for donations) and help find homes for Terriers.

I volunteer as a foster home, and I am a Foster home inspector.
Fair,
That's fine work you're doing. More power to ya!
Mike
PS. My dogs are half Terrier ... and all heart!

Last edited:

Elmo

Sep 3, 2009
Mississippi
Thanks for the reply Mike, looks like you have two fine pals there. I have always had bulldogs until my last one was killed in a tornado 2 years ago. Took that long to get another one. I have never had one of mine to bite anyone.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I had a half bull dog when my daughter was small. He never bit anyone but he did tree the cable guy once...

I live in a changing neighborhood, but I have never had a break in. I do not discourage my two mixed breed dogs from attacking the door when a stranger comes around. I keep them under control but I don't mind a little door shaking.

A barking dog and a 12 gauge trench gun make a heck of an deterrence. They also give the owner a great deal of peace of mind, not to mention lower your blood pressure and keep you warm on a cold night.

Last edited:

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Fair are they jack russel.One of the over the road drivers has one that was rescued in penn.9 year ago.The dog has over a million miles.He is getting old and when he passes i am going to get him another one.
I edit out my post...it always turns into a flame war.

Lets just say I specialize in a certain Bully Breed.........

Last edited:

Elmo

Sep 3, 2009
Mississippi
Fair you are so right. I read your post before you edited and agree all the way. May you have much success in your endeavors.

Last edited:

Elmo

Sep 3, 2009
Mississippi
I had a half bull dog when my daughter was small. He never bit anyone but he did tree the cable guy once...

I live in a changing neighborhood, but I have never had a break in. I do not discourage my two mixed breed dogs from attacking the door when a stranger comes around. I keep them under control but I don't mind a little door shaking.

A barking dog and a 12 gauge trench gun make a heck of an deterrence. They also give the owner a great deal of peace of mind, not to mention lower your blood pressure and keep you warm on a cold night.
Deacon I do not have a trench gun but does a Winchester Model 12 in 12 gauge count?

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
chop a couple of inches off the barrel and you will have. Try to catch them on the stairs it's so much easier to clean up Im told.

DOC BOLM

Aug 21, 2008
Mississippi
I worked a murder case once where a wife wraped her better half in sheets and put him in a trash bag before she shot him.She told us that the sight of blood made her sick.

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
Yeah- STRING EM UP!

Mr. Bojangles is really a girl! I... Lke.... Dogggggs!!

actually, a 12 guage trench gun is a great deterrent TO a barking dog!

Good boy!

Last edited:

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
then you do have a trench gun.... Doc, I worked a suicide by shotgun in the mouth once.. You can imagine what it was like I'm sure. I knew it was suicide because he had one shoe and sock off....

Michigan Mike

Dec 9, 2008
Michigan
Way to go Diceman! Kitty and Cleo take a great picture. I hope others will post there pet pics too. I know we've done it before but I never get tired of seeing happy critter pics!