Girls Garage star is worlds fastest woman

GoldenMotor.com

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
That's cool. I will have to take a peek. BTW: that car - is that an old Starfighter jet with wheels on it.
Yeah, I'll have to read about that.

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
Thanks for the link!

Actually, what I wonder about is How much would it cost to do that?

I have always wanted to do an honest 200mph and have never got there.

rc

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
That's cool. I will have to take a peek. BTW: that car - is that an old Starfighter jet with wheels on it.
Yeah, I'll have to read about that.
Ditto: Looks like a 104 to me too. If it isn't they certainly used the same profile.

Thanks for the link, Bender. That was interesting.

Tom

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
After F-104s were retired from combat units, they were still used a lot for research and testing. There were some modified F-104s that were sent into the skies specifically for the purpose of being struck by lightening for atmospheric experiments. Those pilots had some huevos.

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
After F-104s were retired from combat units, they were still used a lot for research and testing. There were some modified F-104s that were sent into the skies specifically for the purpose of being struck by lightening for atmospheric experiments. Those pilots had some huevos.
Actually, I was pumping gas once when the station canopy got struck by lightning. And I was standing in a puddle holding the hose, so I was part of the circuit. It feels both holy and unholy at the same time. I'm afraid I buckled a tad. Okay, to be honest - I went down like Newton's apple. This was not on my agenda for that day. So I can say, Yes! It would take a solid brass pair of big ones to go out looking for a good cloud to get yourself hit by lightning in. Me, I make a point of staying inside on such days whenever possible now.

Last edited: