okie"s first build

GoldenMotor.com

jcchappy

Aug 18, 2009
antlers, ok.
It's real ugly but i wanted to get everything done the way i wanted iot before paint and dress up but now I think I'll start over i used a red bat 70 cc from boy go fast custom expansion chamber left over from another build its got a wally world bell springer seat a bmx head stem so that handle bars are easier to switch out and motorcycle handle bars cut down about 4 inches on each side right now its running 1 3/8 X 26 tires i figured they would have a lot less resistance but the ride quality is horrible on rough terrain and loose sand you can forget about all control i used a 18 speed moutain bike sprocket the smallest on the crank to pedal with so that it is incredibly easy to pedal. it had a direct drive speedometer but it toasted first run any way its a work in progress i cut the head tube down this morning and added a mountain bike front fort with telescoping suspension and wide knobby tire seem to work pretty good I'll put pics of that later any questions or comments? I can take it, this wasn't a make it nice effort just comfortable and make it work good.

Attachments

Last edited:

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Little things make the difference. The BMX stem, high bars and rearward seat make that roadie look very cool.
I have a 26x1 3/8 coaster wheel that I plan to use on a motor bike. Do you think it will work OK for street use?

jcchappy

Aug 18, 2009
antlers, ok.
I'll get some more pics up as soon as I'm done with this next little bit I couldn't sleep last night so I went down to my shop and worked on the MB some. Day before yesterday I hit another rock with my back tire and being that they are incredibly low profile i bent the rim yet again. 26 X 1 3/8 any way as most of you know just because it says its a 26" rim doesn't mean all tires are the same a 26 X 1 3/8 rim will not take a 26" cruiser or moutain bike tire the diameter of the wheel is like 2" different. at least that was my case anyway (I'm using all recycled goods junk yard, yard sale, trash bikes). so last night I spread the frame on my MB I really need to come up with a name for it so that I can use a regular wide rim and tire all that is a go. I've got this old sears bike with really big galvanized spokes and a bendix red stripe hub thats where I got my new rim. so since i had it in the vice and took apart I started looking around the shop for other ideas of things i could use to my advantage. I have several old pocket bikes some 125cc chinese super pocket bikes among other things anyway I took the chain off of my MB and put it around the sprocket of the little 125cc long story short I now have another free upgrade a 38 tooth sprocket heavy duty aluminum bigger chain that wont wear as fast and the whole nine yards i may even compare the engine sprockets to see it they will interchange. hopefully I'll get it back together in time for the family reunion this weekend clocks ticking.