Funky Trunk

GoldenMotor.com

D.J.

Jan 20, 2008
Canada
The next little town over was having it's annual community wide garage sale . I went and picked up a retro vacuum cleaner . I put in a new filter and gave it a test drive . It worked well and came with all of the attachments . I couldn't keep my hands off of it though and it was soon in pieces . I traced the shape on a piece of 3/8" plywood and cut it out on the scroll saw . I used the original assembly holes to bolt the top to the plywood base . It was an easy matter to clamp it to the factory rear rack on my Schwinn Cruiser . I will probably replace the lid with a lawnmower moon hubcap but for now it has a watertight seal . I want to turn the rear exhaust in to a tail light . I call it a "funky trunk" because it smells like someone cleaned up after a frat party with it . ....... D.J.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Just looking at it from the rear, a red light in that exhaust exit would look cool at night. Or inlet, what ever that little grill in the back is.

D.J.

Jan 20, 2008
Canada
I think that a vintage outboard motor cover would also work great . If it has a built in tank you could use it as a main tank or a reserve . ... D.J.