before i spend money, is this even legal?

GoldenMotor.com

bbike1

Apr 30, 2008
Hey guys, Im already planning out my second bike which will be a town bike and will use it strictly for transportation. I am planning on obeying the laws ect. I realize that most here can get away with riding them on the rode because they look like a bike, but for my next project i will be using a specialized chopper http://zerofilter.typepad.com/soc/images/picture_1_13.png which looks very much like a real motorcycle and was curious if i would get slammed by the cops for riding it around town. I was planning on throwing on another 70cc 2 stroke. thanks

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
i think you may be pushing the limits thier but not sure how strict they are in your area. also a big consideration is how would you mount the rear sprocket. its a beautiful bicycle that is for sure

bbike1

Apr 30, 2008
i would not beable to use that rear wheel, i am going to have to have a wheel built for that bike. but i mean, whos to say... i see kids riding around these choppers all the time, so if i throw a motor on there.... idk, i guess im just ranting. thats what i want, :) lol

toytime

Mar 20, 2008
Ontario
I think the reason we get away with our bikes is because we don't get noticed.
You will have a huge neon sign saying "Look at me..look at me!".
As a person from a small town, I think I slowly worked my way up to not being bothered by hitting my kill switch at those times where you see the law. I also always pretend to be peddling.
Last week I was stopped at a red light and noticed the word POLICE on the fender of the car that had pulled up beside me. All I could do at that point was pretend that I was doing nothing wrong. We both went our own way. lol.

sisdavid

Mar 31, 2008
Daytona Beach
Ghost pedal is the probable cause reduction equalizer in my opinion. It depends on your local law enforcement and that sort of thing like city ordanances. Check this out and some other web pages
Municode.com