Hello Does BoostBottles really work?

GoldenMotor.com

2strokebke

May 17, 2013
Richmond,Va
My motobike will be back on the road next week (yeS), But does they really work and will i have to buy a new bottle everytime im empty? and do i need a special carb for the setup?

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
If you want real results for your bucks, get a good tuned pipe and jet the stock NT carb properly once it's fully broken-in (3 or 4 tanks)
Or, if you have the budget:
Pedalchopper.com has a sweet delorto sha clone with a single cable and a fuel screw that comes pre-jetted for the 66cc chinadoll. It made a big difference on my stock engine.
Jim Wilson really nailed the jetting on the nose. If you don't want to have to know jetting, it's a great deal.

2strokebke

May 17, 2013
Richmond,Va
If you want real results for your bucks, get a good tuned pipe and jet the stock NT carb properly once it's fully broken-in (3 or 4 tanks)
Or, if you have the budget:
Pedalchopper.com has a sweet delorto sha clone with a single cable and a fuel screw that comes pre-jetted for the 66cc chinadoll. It made a big difference on my stock engine.
Jim Wilson really nailed the jetting on the nose. If you don't want to have to know jetting, it's a great deal.
Thank You, Will i have to buy a special manafold when i order delorto carb?

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Thank You, Also so will i get my speed? And how much? right now my top speed is 40mph.
You are getting 40MPH on a stock 66 kit direct drive?

When did you measure 40MPH, going downhill with a tail wind behind a big truck?

40 is frigg'n fast on an MB and takes gears or really extreme engine mods and a small drive sprocket.

If your bike is feeling slow and you are seeking mods chances are you are reading KPH and not MPH, 40KPH is 25MPH which is low end normal and can be helped with mods.

A cheap power booster is an $8 NGK BPR7HIX Iridium spark plug.

After that I would look at the bike itself.
Good road tires with high pressure (~45PSI) will give a couple more MPH, and how about your wheels and brakes? Do you wheels spin free for a long time? Any brake drag?

Once you hit about 32MPH wind resistance becomes your enemy.
Every MPH gain after that takes more and more power to achieve.

Hope that helps.

2strokebke

May 17, 2013
Richmond,Va
You are getting 40MPH on a stock 66 kit direct drive?

When did you measure 40MPH, going downhill with a tail wind behind a big truck?

40 is frigg'n fast on an MB and takes gears or really extreme engine mods and a small drive sprocket.

If your bike is feeling slow and you are seeking mods chances are you are reading KPH and not MPH, 40KPH is 25MPH which is low end normal and can be helped with mods.

A cheap power booster is an $8 NGK BPR7HIX Iridium spark plug.

After that I would look at the bike itself.
Good road tires with high pressure (~45PSI) will give a couple more MPH, and how about your wheels and brakes? Do you wheels spin free for a long time? Any brake drag?

Once you hit about 32MPH wind resistance becomes your enemy.
Every MPH gain after that takes more and more power to achieve.

Hope that helps.

yeah i have a smaller sprocket, i will not take it down a hill i will die.

Watch my video, about new sprocket:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YjedCFOtd0&list=UUjOqnCaJ_PyA1YkkGnRoSRg

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
A properly tuned "tuned pipe" will increase torque and hp without a bigger carb. To answer your question-"no''.

thatsdax

Feb 22, 2008
www.thatsdax.com
In the 70's, some of the YZ's came with factory boost bottles. and yes.. When tuned for the motor used, they do help.. But they have to be tuned in order to work.. Principle is similar to expansion chambers for the exhaust. Key is.. Tuned.. If not tuned, it will hurt power..

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Boost bottles make extraordinary imagined horsepower, just remember to refill them regularly.
...especially if you couple it with the '1/2 horse power gain' sticker and aerodynamic speed booting wing nuts as it's a proven fact that the lighter your wallet is, the faster you think you are going ;-}

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
When I really want too imagine that I'm going really fast I just install the old playing cards to the spokes trick like when I was a kid. Four cards with 32 spokes makes it sound like a V-8 and feels faster than the speed of light!

Just make sure the clothes pins don't get caught in the spokes :eek::eek::eek: